Ringtones etc....

ffemt300

Reaction score
I am wondering how to access the place where the ringtones are stored on the phone when I hook up my Droid to my PC. My dilemma is this. I have some ringtones that i have sent to my phone...from the downloads folder i can do Menu>Use as ringtone and it sends it to the ringtone folder and allows it to be selected as a call ringtone. I have a few sounds that I would like to use as text ringtones but the list of notification tones to choose from are different than the call ringtones. Anyone know how to get a custom tone to show up in the list for notification tones?

eversonsc

Reaction score
Download "ringdroid" from the Market and install it. There you can make custom tones and save them as ringtones or notification tones

RichStevenson

Reaction score
You can connect the Droid to your Pc via the USB cable and create the following directory structure on your SD card.

Create a directory called "Media".
Then in the "Media" directory, create a sub-directory called "Audio".
Then in the "Audio" directory, create sub-directories called "Notifications", "Ringtones", and "Alarms".

Copy your sounds to the respective directories above and they should show up for you in the menus.

OP
F

ffemt300

Reaction score
Thanks. I got that app. Works good so far.

jspicher

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, l was wondering if l create my own ringtones what is the best audio format to use (and what formats can l use ie> mp3, wav, mid ?) and what filesize/length should l shoot for?