1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a way to manually update your milestone?

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by bigwoof, Mar 28, 2010.

1. bigwoof

bigwoof New Member

Hey, I live in the Bahamas and recently got a milestone. I popped in my sim card and everything works great (aside from the autofocus issues on the camera). However, since we are not a 'supported country' or whatever it calls it, I can't get the update to 2.0.1 OTA. Is there anyway to do it manually, or am i stuck with android 2.0? I see theres a tutorial here for the brazillian version of the milestone, will that work with mine?

thanks,
    bigwoof

EDIT: Some spelling mistakes.
  2. nphil

nphil New Member

Yeah, there's a 2.1 SBF file for the milestone floating around. Just get RSD Lite from somewhere, and the sbf file then flash. You can search for it on alldroid.org I think they have a tutorial.
Search tags for this page

how to manually update motorola milestone to android 2.2

upgrade android motorola milestone