Is there a way to have everything put back after a hard reset?

w261w261

Reaction score
I have a newish S3, box stock, and I have a lot of apps and folders. I'm having a problem with Contacts stopping, and would be willing to reset the phone except the idea of mapping all the screens full of widgets, and apps etc seems like another huge investment of time (I came over from an Evo4G). So I'm a newbie, and am wondering if if there is a way to have the phone restored just like I had it before the reset. I've heard Apple phones can do this. Thanks.

steeletown

Reaction score
I have a newish S3, box stock, and I have a lot of apps and folders. I'm having a problem with Contacts stopping, andand would bbe willing to reset the phone except the idea of mapping all the screens full of widgets, and apps etc seems like another huge investment of time (I came over from an Evo4G). So I'm a newbie, and am wondering if if there is a way to have the phone restored just like I had it before the reset. I've heard Apple phones can do this.

When you go into settings you will see backup and reset. All of your apps will be restored, you will have to sign in again to Facebook etc.. You will lose your past text messages and if your using a launcher you will have to set that up again.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Your apps will be restored but you will lose all data from within them.

Only way to gurantee all app data is backed up is to root.

OP
W

w261w261

Reaction score
When the phone comes back up after the reset, will the pages be populated in the same fashion as before, e.g. the folders in the same places etc? Thanks.

steeletown

Reaction score
When the phone comes back up after the reset, will the pages be populated in the same fashion as before, e.g. the folders in the same places etc? Thanks.

No they won't you will have to set it up all over again.

OP
W

w261w261

Reaction score
I'm a long long way from being a power user, yet I have about 15 folders, with an average of of probably 8 items per folder. A couple of times a day I lose Contacts "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped." I'm willing to try a reset, but the time involved in manually mapping each screen, each folder and the contents therein is a pain. You'd think someone would have a solution for this.