HELP PLEASE!! After OTA update phone powers off

droidummie

Reaction score
HELP! Ever since the new OTA update... My galaxy s3 will power off on its own and it will not restart by holding down the power button.
I have to ALWAYS pull out the battery like a hard reset for my phone to come on. Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to prevent this from happening?
*thank you*

Roget83

Reaction score
It has happened to me three times since that OTA update. I don't know how to fix it. I just have to pull the battery.

OP
droidummie

droidummie

Reaction score
I want to remove the update too! Someone please tell me how!! It's so annoying

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wow now I'm kinda glad the OTA won't install on my phone. As far as I know the only way to uninstall it would be to flash back to an older version with an .ruu or something...

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I had the update forced onto my phone while i was sleeping. I said no to it at least three times, but alas. I have had no issues with it so far. Possibly getting a better signal, i almost never used to have 4g in my office, and since the update i haven't seen it switch to 3g at all.
I'm not sure if you can remove the update unless you figure out how to flash back with a leaked .ruu like K1ng said. I did it with the HTC Rezound, but I haven't seen anything about that for the S3. Might try a factory reset to see if it fixes the problem. I saw that as a solution to many Rezound problems after the official ICS came out for it. I know that isn't an attractive option because you will loose any data on your phone, but good luck.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
FDR (Factory Data Reset) fixes glitches the majority of the time.