Is there a way to block threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to block any thread that contains the word Apple in it??? I can't handle all these iPhone threads anymore......I am being half serious there. I kind of want to go hibernate until this all washes over. All 6,296 threads about the iPhone say pretty much the exact same thing.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel you on that one. For an android forum there have been an awful lot of iPhone threads today. I almost flipped when I saw we had our own iPhone section but then I realised it better for them to be dropped on there than clogging up the other sub forums.

tappin and a talkin

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're not alone.

The discussion should die down as the days pass... and we will continue to stuff the corresponding threads into the iphone subsection... :)

joker402

Reaction score
Ok sorry to voice my opinion but why is there an Iphone Section on droidforums.net? I mean its clearly a DROID forum. I willing to bet that the prominint Iphone forum doesnt have a DROID/android section so why do we?

This forum should be for those with android, considering android, developing for android or anything else android. Not for those that want to bash android/DROID because the iphone is finally on verizon. If this is a way to keep traffic and make a dime then I think its total BS.

Nothing against the iphone and ios but I just feel that it doesnt belong here.

/rant

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like I said its probably to confine it all to one place. Its a pretty big deal that the iPhone is coming to vzw so instead of bogging down other sections with iPhone convos they can toss em in there.

tappin and a talkin

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We are an Android forum... but we choose not to be so closed minded as, let's say, an iPhone forum that doesn't allow the mention of Android. :) (or an app store that bans the word "Android" for that matter :icon_ rofl:)

Plus we do have a sister site that's relevant... iPhone Forum
Hopefully those users interested in the iPhone will migrate there, where more pertinent discussion can take place.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Mods and Admins are doing a good job of getting everything in the proper area. My real problem is the fact that every iPhone thread leads to flaming. Maybe not hardcore but enough to the point it gets very annoying. I have zero against Apple in fact I am an Apple fan, not necessarily the iPhone, so naturally it is a bit personal to read time and time again about the "sheeple" and other ridiculously stupid nicknames people have for Apple owners. I don't expect my opinion to sway anyone one way or another but if I had my way there would be zero talk about that phone on an Android forum only because these threads have all become counterproductive. I respect the fact people don't like Apple for whatever reason, you are entitled to feel that way but I feel there isn't the same level of respect given to the few people who are defending Apple or who say they want one. I feel there is a bit of extra flaming allowed that wouldn't be tolerated otherwise, again just my opinion. That's why I believe all these threads are just a massive headache for an Android forum. I love my Droid 1 to pieces, if it were to fall to pieces I would be heart broken in fact but I can also respect someone who choses apple over android. I don't see why people feel the need to go out of their way to preach to the masses here how awful apple is. I understand defending Android, I would do that too but the vast majority of these threads I feel are started just to put the iPhone down. Whatever I am really just venting here when I probably shouldn't be. It's just my two cents, even 2 cents may be too much, it's my half a cent. To prove I am not just venting in a bad mood I will leave you all with this quote......

"If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny." DTJH

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OTR - I think a lot of us feel this way. While my gripe is not with the iPhone (as it is a great device, like it or not), it lies with Apple and their business practices. Plain and simple, they're a bully. That's how they operate.

However, I see our choices in phones as no different than our choices in cars... we all have different makes and models... yet we get along peacefully. Why is it when it comes to a cell phone we turn into angry mobs?

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
OTR - I think a lot of us feel this way. While my gripe is not with the iPhone (as it is a great device, like it or not), it lies with Apple and their business practices. Plain and simple, they're a bully. That's how they operate.

However, I see our choices in phones as no different than our choices in cars... we all have different makes and models... yet we get along peacefully. Why is it when it comes to a cell phone we turn into angry mobs?

Great analogy there, hit my point right on the head. I totally respect your choice to dislike Apple and I even expect a jab every now and then. People are just getting so fired up about this, I guess I just don't get it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Great analogy there, hit my point right on the head. I totally respect your choice to dislike Apple and I even expect a jab every now and then. People are just getting so fired up about this, I guess I just don't get it.

I don't believe everyone has to agree or like the same things... and we can disagree respectfully. Problem is, it does usually escalate when discussing the iPhone v. Android topic.

I'll take my jabs at iPhone/Apple fans, just as I expect to receive a few from those same people. As long as it's civil and respectful I see no harm in it :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Make no mistake, if Google had the chance, they would be the same bully as Apple. It is called business in this day and time. Martyr Google all day long, they are NOT above the business practices of Apple. It is just hasn't reached that point yet.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make no mistake, if Google had the chance, they would be the same bully as Apple. It is called business in this day and time. Martyr Google all day long, they are NOT above the business practices of Apple. It is just hasn't reached that point yet.

Who's martyring Google? No one.

Business is business... you're right, and Apple makes money, so why would they change it? (I wouldn't in their shoes).

It however does not mean we have to like it.

And yes, Google may some day be similar in business practices (you're right here too, they're not in the position Apple is), but they never banned the word "Apple" from their app store. That's just childish.

"Don't be evil" or whatever is their slogan, but given the chance to make boat loads of money... I'm sure that would fall by the wayside. LOL

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can we put the kaibosh on the apple vs iPhone convo at least In this, a thread about not wanting to hear about it?

tappin and a talkin

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can we put the kaibosh on the apple vs iPhone convo at least In this, a thread about not wanting to hear about it?

tappin and a talkin

That would be too simple. Now why would we go and do that? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.