Is there a function or an app that can turn off and turn on power at a fixed time?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yes, it requires root. The airplane mode timer works fine using MacroDroid, but again it is a root dependant function.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
An NFC tag might be able to achieve this as well.
I didn't even think about that. It wouldn't turn airplane mode on automatically at a specific time, but it's potentially a good option.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's the thing. My Note2 had Kit Kat and it worked fine until Tasker updated.

Yeah, I think there was something else at play there. KitKat itself probably didn't have anything to do with it.

I agree with the Google being the culprit in the case of the no airplane mode timer but thought Tasker used to be the work around for those that didn't root. I guess blocking mode is about as good as it gets now without root, though a far cry from what the op desires.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I don't think that's ever been Tasker's purpose. It's purpose has been to automate functions (within what their device will allow) based on parameters set by the user.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Here's one that works rooted and now is the first one that works on Lollipop. Toggle Airplane 5.0 root - Android Apps on Google Play

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, that appears to just be a toggle widget for airplane mode. In order to automate it like dfman wants to, an application such as Tasker still needs to be used. It contains a plugin that works with Tasker (and other similar apps), but it won't do anything to automate on it's own.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, that appears to just be a toggle widget for airplane mode. In order to automate it like dfman wants to, an application such as Tasker still needs to be used. It contains a plugin that works with Tasker (and other similar apps), but it won't do anything to automate on it's own.
No, you're reading it correctly. And yes, a Tasker app would have to activate it.