auto turn on/off feature - market program?

surfsnowgirl

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:I am a new droid user and a former blackberry user. While I love my droid I really loved the feature on the blackberry that allowed me to set a time to turn on/off my blackberr at a set time. i.e. Id set it to turn off at midnight and to turn on at 6am. I cant find that the droid will do this for me. I also looked in the android market app listings and didnt see anything there either.

Help, is there any third party app out there that will do this for me?

Thank you

harrellj

Reaction score
No, it is not possible to turn the phone on at a scheduled time. What you can do instead is get an app like Locale/Tasker/Timeriffic/Settings Profiles and mute it on a schedule (and even turn of data, depending on the app you choose). I will say that Tasker is the most powerful of all the apps I listed, but has a bit of a learning curve as a result.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What was your specific goal with the auto on/off? There's no equivalent in the Android world but you can probably achieve the same effect depending on your intent.

OP
S

surfsnowgirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The main goals are I dont want to power onn/off my phone because I use my phone for an alarm clock but its also a way of saying "ok" lady, no cell phone for a while, you need to sleep. This way I don't have to turn it on/off and the phone will just operate itself. I have looked at all the suggested applications and I tried out the free one timeriffic and I love it. It perfectly suits what I need the phone to do. It doesn't power it down but it mutes all for a select period of time. Ive set up 2 alerts up; one for M-F and one for the weeekends. Problem solved; my blackberry is now truly a thing of the past :) I have the first droid and never use the keyboard. I think I'll hang tight until October when I can upgrade and then will probably go for the X. Thanks everyone