Is the screen Glass or Plastic?

tensai

Reaction score
The ONLY thing i like about the iphone is its glass screen, which means no need for a screen protector, and no scratches.

Can we get a final answer as to what the screen is on the droid?
Thanks

romeov

Reaction score
I love that it's glass as well. I put an invisible shield on mine, and although I know and respect that others swear by them, to me it was like driving around with garbage bags taped to my porsche to keep it from getting scratched. it looked and felt horrible compared to the bare screen.

I'm hoping since it's glass it will hold up to scratches well, but I know glass isn't totally scratchproof.. I wonder at what point of force will it take to get a scratch (obviously falling to concrete would do it) but what about constantly rubbing up against my jeans for years? Does glass get those small swirl scratches like your clear coat on your car? I don't think it does, but I'm not sure.. eithyer way, as far as the screen goes, I'm staying bare :)

Baconstrip

Reaction score
The screen is just so beautiful, there is no way I could reduce that clarity by putting on a screen protector. Here's to hoping the glass doesnt get all scratchy. So far, so good.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have the invisible shield and I don't have a reason to take it off. If I did and I got a scratch id be upset.

romeov

Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.

eL777

Reaction score
Hey guys, in terms of scratching the glass screen... I think you should look at my youtube video I made. It should help ease some worries.
[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8]YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test[/video]

romeov

Reaction score
Hey guys, in terms of scratching the glass screen... I think you should look at my youtube video I made. It should help ease some worries.
YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test

Holy Jesus I nearly just had a heart attack watching you do that!!

First off, you must be crazy, or have money for a new phone, what gave you the balls to try and scratch it??

Secondly, you are AWESOME for doing it so the rest of us can see the results without having to

Third. Holy crap! This glass is amazing! I feel 100 times better about it not getting scratched from accidentally hitting my keys now and then, thank you!

eL777

Reaction score
Ya, had a defective droid so I knew that one was going back to verizon/motorola anyway, so I thought hell.. why not try it out before I take it back, and that's what I did. Glad it helped.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
The ONLY thing i like about the iphone is its glass screen, which means no need for a screen protector, and no scratches.

Can we get a final answer as to what the screen is on the droid?
Thanks

Motorola recommends that no screen protector be used.:icon_ banana:

moosc

Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.
oops i lost my phone call in get a new one.. been there done that..

moosc

Reaction score
Ya, had a defective droid so I knew that one was going back to verizon/motorola anyway, so I thought hell.. why not try it out before I take it back, and that's what I did. Glad it helped.
should stick in a glass jar with keys change pocket knife pocket lint and shake for like five mins. and see how it turns out..i remeber the storm1 some did that. whats wrong with the Droid?

eL777

Reaction score
should stick in a glass jar with keys change pocket knife pocket lint and shake for like five mins. and see how it turns out..i remeber the storm1 some did that. whats wrong with the Droid?

lol that's nuts, I wouldve tried that but I got my new droid already and I think I'll pass :p

andjarnic

Reaction score
Damn, so I paid $3 for a screen protector for nothing??!! :D I don't see any clarity loss to be honest.. only thing that bugs me is the cheap ones that you get at the store..the 3 pack..man they pick up my finger oil so badly! I am constantly wiping the screen. Does the screen glass pick up oil off of fingers quickly?