Is the screen Glass or Plastic?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I just had ghost armor installed at Best Buy for mine and there is no clarity loss at all. It looks fantastic. But had I known the glass screen was that scratch resistant I wouldn't have done it!

BzB

Reaction score
personally i don't use screen protectors. mainly because the glass is durable enough that it doesn't need one and also because i don't like having an added layer over the screen.

although the rest of the phone is primarily metal it's more likely to see gouges and scratches than the screen. we'll see how well the bezel and case hold up to daily wear and tear.

romeov

Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.
oops i lost my phone call in get a new one.. been there done that..

That actually works? I highly doubt they would just say "Really? ok! we'll send your new $600 phone out immediately! if you lose this one as well in the next week, we'll send five more just to be extra sure you have enough!"

xjman349

Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cover scratches, or appearance defects. it covers the phone breaking or not working properly. A cracked screen, yes, I believe.. but a scratched screen? I don't believe so.

That actually works? I highly doubt they would just say "Really? ok! we'll send your new $600 phone out immediately! if you lose this one as well in the next week, we'll send five more just to be extra sure you have enough!"

If you are paying for the insurance, yes they will. You can make two claims per year, and must pay a $90.00 deductible. However the insurance must be added in the first 30 days of having the phone. I lost my iphone twice and this is a huge advantage that a lot of people don't mention. There is no way to insure your iPhone through apple. Verizon will help you get insurance on the phone through ascurion. Its 6.99 or 7.99 for the tec which is total equipment coverage. That extends the manufactures warranty another year and insures the phone.

romeov

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the detailed info. I can't believe poeple aren't absuing this and making 500 bucks off each phone.

Then again there is the ESN issue.

xjman349

Reaction score
If the phone is reported lost or stolen it is reported, and the phone wont be activated on another line unless the person that placed it on the lost stolen list removes it.

medicTHREE

Reaction score

With insurance you pay a deductible(80 dollars now, i think--i'm under the 50 dollar plan) and they overnight you a phone.

That being said, what is being described here is insurance fraud, and the very reason that the monthly fee is higher and the deductible is higher compared to what I am paying.