Is the Nexus 6 the nexus we were looking for?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks @bkdodger, compare to my nexus 5 yeah it is a beast but to my note 2 it is a tad taller but not much difference width wise. By the way did some research earlier I am going slick wrap they seem to have a better rating for drop protection.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Width wise should be right there with Note 2..

One+1

which puts it literally right there with the note 4....yup I can dig get.

Honey_Smacks.jpg

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Too big, too small battery. If droid turbo has 3900mah battery with its 5.2" screen, this phone should have had at least 4500mah battery.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like that moto is FINALLY doing a nexus.. And as a moto fan boy.. I really really want to get it. But the screen being bigger and battery being smaller than the turbo, with the same hardware.. Well.. I'm just more in the Droid camp I guess..

I'm not saying the nexus 6 is a bad device at all, nor is it undesirable.. I guess getting turnkey lollipop is enough for some.. But... I have a feeling that the turbo will have lollipop by valentine's day.. If not before.. Good enough for me. Because by then.. There will be a new Shiny hot rod with an even faster processor and 64 bit capabilities..

Edit : I kind of think that moto dropped the ball on the battery size of the nexus 6. I understand the battery life enhanced lollipop but I think that if they'd have gone with a 4200mah battery, it would've made it more desirable.. That's just me, probably.. But I'm a fan of big battery devices, and devices like the g3 have really shown me that a high density screen will chew up a 3000mah battery... So the nexus and note both having bigger screens with only 200mah more... I think those turbo charging features will be used alot, especially if people stream movies or have their screens turned up...

One other thing.. The g3 doesn't use an amoled screen as I recall... And I know the nexus does.. But I'm wondering if it's going to be as battery friendly at that pixel density.. I guess it will be seen shortly..

Last edited:

creaky

Reaction score
Another thing is if the subsidized versions of the N6 will have unlocked bootloaders. I'm jumping to At&t and deciding between the N6 and the Moto X Play (the rumored Turbo variant for At&t). I don't want to pay $650 for a phone and wondering if the subsidized version will be at all locked down.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If it is as tall as the i6+ then it is a big phone. The i6+ is taller than my Note 3. They should have dubbed them the Nexus X and XL. That's a tablet right there.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like that moto is FINALLY doing a nexus.. And as a moto fan boy.. I really really want to get it. But the screen being bigger and battery being smaller than the turbo, with the same hardware.. Well.. I'm just more in the Droid camp I guess..

I'm not saying the nexus 6 is a bad device at all, nor is it undesirable.. I guess getting turnkey lollipop is enough for some.. But... I have a feeling that the turbo will have lollipop by valentine's day.. If not before.. Good enough for me. Because by then.. There will be a new Shiny hot rod with an even faster processor and 64 bit capabilities..

Edit : I kind of think that moto dropped the ball on the battery size of the nexus 6. I understand the battery life enhanced lollipop but I think that if they'd have gone with a 4200mah battery, it would've made it more desirable.. That's just me, probably.. But I'm a fan of big battery devices, and devices like the g3 have really shown me that a high density screen will chew up a 3000mah battery... So the nexus and note both having bigger screens with only 200mah more... I think those turbo charging features will be used alot, especially if people stream movies or have their screens turned up...

One other thing.. The g3 doesn't use an amoled screen as I recall... And I know the nexus does.. But I'm wondering if it's going to be as battery friendly at that pixel density.. I guess it will be seen shortly..
Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4 Size Detailed in Hands-on Video Droid Life

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nexus 7+.. Nexus 7 phone.. Um.. Idk..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How in the world does that site consider the hardware comparable, PC? Yeah.. The iPhone is comparable to 2012...is that a fanboy site? I downloaded goat simulator on an iPhone 6+ and it hardly ran... I can run it just fine on my Maxx... Hmmm... Strange...