Is my screen on time ok?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Quick Charging slows down around 90% to top off the batteries to 100%. That time is normal.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Is it really that bad to let the phone go to 1% once in awhile??

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
And lets say I do charge it from that amount or around 10% or so, how much on estimate on quickcharge should it say I have left till its fully charged?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it really that bad to let the phone go to 1% once in awhile??
Yes, from everything I have read and the numerous posts here about batteries.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yes, from everything I have read and the numerous posts here about batteries.

Absolutely! Never let your battery dip below 10% in order to get maximum battery life. It's always best to throw it on the charger between 30-50% on average, to top it off. But if you can't do that, at least try to plug it in between 10-20%. Anything less than that will reduce your battery life significantly over time.

S5 tap'n

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
What about having it charged all night, can that also damage it or is that a myth..

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Who told you quick charge only works when the screen is off? Unless this is an S7 ONLY feature, that shouldn't be the case. Both our S5's & the wife's new Note 7 charge quickly while they are on and/or being used.
As mentioned, you can't gauge your SOT or overall battery life for that matter, off what others are posting online. We all use our devices differently, regardless of the similarity of apps being used.
I would suggest backing up all of your contacts, text messages, pertinent files/photos and do a factory data reset to see if that resolves your problem.

S5 tap'n
Idk I saw that on androidcentral forums and the phone seems to take much longer to charge while I'm using it. How long on average is the phone supposed to take to fully charge with quick charge on???

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Like I'm estimating at least 127 seconds per percentage or something like that. Maybe I'm bad to judge.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Idk I saw that on androidcentral forums and the phone seems to take much longer to charge while I'm using it. How long on average is the phone supposed to take to fully charge with quick charge on???
I think each phone is different and it depends on what is running in the background, if you are using it, etc. I don't think there is a "one size fits all" answer. Are you happy with your phone and it's performance?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
What I'm seeing right now. Let me know if this looks normal, maybe it's just me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161112-203704.png
    Screenshot_20161112-203704.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 111

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, that looks normal. As Mustang mentioned recently. Is your phone doing what "you" expect it to do? Not what others claim.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I think each phone is different and it depends on what is running in the background, if you are using it, etc. I don't think there is a "one size fits all" answer. Are you happy with your phone and it's performance?

Yes, this thing runs better than my pc for the most part. everything is great, it's just the battery stuff I was concerned with. I'm feeling better about the battery life based on what everyone is saying and I do see a difference a bit after getting a battery replacement from a samsung store. I guess my main concern is the charge time now.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Yes, that looks normal. As Mustang mentioned recently. Is your phone doing what "you" expect it to do? Not what others claim.

Aside from the battery life that was questionable and the suspected slower charge time, yes.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'd assume using your phone while it's charging should naturally slow it down, but does anyone know for a fact how that works when fast charging and s7?