Whats your HEAVY USE battery time?

wonsong82

Reaction score
Some says they get 20+ hours while some say they only get like 8+ hours.

I am trying to figure out if my battery is OK, but these numbers can't really tell much because it all depends on how you configure, use your phone.

I have bluetooth off, wifi off, I am at where 4g supported but sometimes it goes to 3g or even to 1x then toggle back onto 4g in few sec to a min.

I have display set to auto, I have 3 gmail accounts setup for sync, weatherbug without GPS, and its widget. I debloated using TBH App. 4G is enabled.

Running apps are very few (Kakaotalk, facebook, juicedefender, TapTap4airmail(cant get rid of it from running), Skype(never signed in), weatherbug elite and phone defaults..).

I charged full and unplugged and used very very heavily just to test out how much time i could pull out from it til it deads.

The result was very disappointing,

3hours 17min on battery and the battery is at 15%....

cell standby - 3:17 32%
display - 2:11 28%
speedtest - 13%
phoneidle - 11%
voicecall - 8%
maps - 4% ( i dont know what is using this i have never turned it on wtf)
android os - 4%
juicedefender - 2%
wifi - 2%
android system - 2%

my battery is at like 4th cycle, and i honestly dont see any improvement each cycle.

When i got this phone first time, it had about 50% battery , and it died in like 4 hrs.

Even i was in a very heavy use, and indeed i did few speedtests (about 10 just to kill the battery faster),
I feel its sucking battery too much.
well as of writing this, 3:24 and 10% left.

Do you think i have a defect? Has anyone tried the similar test? (very heavy use) and have a comparable result?

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I use mine alot. I get about maybe 8hrs. Im running unl3ash3d rom. It has bloat in it.

If you're debloated you should be getting more than 3/4 hrs. Even with heavy use. Is your battery getting very hot? That can cause the battery to drain fast as well. At least that's what I read.

Im not an expert but it looks like it could defective. I would return to stock and uproot and call VW and tell them its defective.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some battery use comes from your location; if you have a weak signal then you use more power. I'm getting about 10 hours, but I haven't "fine tuned" my settings yet, but I live in a valley where it can change from 4G to 1X within feet.

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
My battery, since I got it only lasts for 4 hours with 4g turned on and moderate use. I keep 4g turned off now, and it lasts for over 15 hours. I really wish I got the droid 3. It has a keyboard and no 4g to kill my battery constantly and instantaneously. I just turned my 4g on to download a torrent, at 3 bars of service my battery went from 100 to 60 in an hour. I am pretty sure LTE is a crude unfinished technology that has no practical use. I guess it's my fault for believing the media when they said that the battery lasts for over 15 hours with 4g on. Probably what they mean by long term evolution is that it will be a long term before this evolves into something that we can actually use. Kill your 4g and your battery will last. The radio sucks massive power in standby for no reason.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Whoever tells you they're getting 20 hours on 4g with heavy use obviously does not know what heavy use means. Or even tell you 8 for that matter.

My friend can kill his iphone in 3 hours with heavy use because we were talking about battery one day...and the new iphone can handle heavy use plus it's 3g only with a tiny screen.

I can kill my thunderbolt in less than two hours if I really try to kill it. With moderate to heavy use though the phone maybe can go 8 hours (if it's on 4g)

I think people lie to themselves to convince their mind that their phone can go 20 with heavy use. It's impossible.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I was getting horrible battery life w my bionic. I would unplug at 6 am and get ready for work. While waiting for the bus and on the bus I would play words w friends. In 20 mins the battery would go down to 100 to 80-75%. ( I kept 4g on cause I get very good signal and I bought the phone for 4g). I would have to plug the phone in the charger by 11. This to me was unacceptable.

Finally bought the extended battery and juice defender ultimate and rooted my phone to remove all the bloatware and currently, I have 75% battery, 14 hours and 25 mins. My usage had been a lot more and the increments are dropping very slowly. I am using battery monitor widget and juice plotter to track my battery consumption.

To me, the steps I have taken have GREATLY improved my battery life.

Last edited:

magdream

Reaction score
Speaking of battery use, I'm about to go get a bionic. I know that this has been talked about, but what's the proper battery "conditioning" cycle? I know you should fully charge, then fully drain a few times, but which do I do first after turning the phone on for the first time? should I let it drain from there and then fully charge it, or should I fully charge it immediately and then let it drain?

I also know that it's been said that this isn't required for today's batteries, but it can't hurt.

Thanks.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I was getting horrible battery life w my bionic. I would unplug at 6 am and get ready for work. While waiting for the bus and on the bus I would play words w friends. In 20 mins the battery would go down to 100 to 80-75%. ( I kept 4g on cause I get very good signal and I bought the phone for 4g). I would have to plug the phone in the charger by 11. This to me was unacceptable.

Finally bought the extended battery and juice defender ultimate and rooted my phone to remove all the bloatware and currently, I have 75% battery, 14 hours and 25 mins. My usage had been a lot more and the increments are dropping very slowly. I am using battery monitor widget and juice plotter to track my battery consumption.

To me, the steps I have taken have GREATLY improved my battery life.

Wow, you are going to get a couple of days of battery life on average! I've havent used my phone heavy yet. Mostly moderate for me, texting a lot, games (30-45 mins per day), surfing the market and wallpaper apps etc. I get between 20 and 24 hours on a standard battery. Also froze 58 pieces of bloat.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Tgyberg, I froze my apps thanks to your instructions from another thread. Haha. Thanks for that. You convinced me to root.

I'm a words w friends addict. I found that to be the most battery consumption for me. But I did see alot of the apps I froze were showing up in the enclosed task killer the phone came w.

Now I can play to my hearts content. Juice plotter states I have another 22 hours before the battery drains. If it goes as predicted it would be 36 hours of battery w heavy use which is awesome. Anywhere from 20+ will be great for me.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Speaking of battery use, I'm about to go get a bionic. I know that this has been talked about, but what's the proper battery "conditioning" cycle? I know you should fully charge, then fully drain a few times, but which do I do first after turning the phone on for the first time? should I let it drain from there and then fully charge it, or should I fully charge it immediately and then let it drain?

I also know that it's been said that this isn't required for today's batteries, but it can't hurt.

Thanks.

When you get the bionic I highly recommended you get the extended battery. It's 50% off.

What I did as per another poster was let me battery drain all the way to 0. Took out the battery. Pressed the power button down for 15-30 seconds. Insert the battery and let it charge to 100% while the phone is OFF. I did this 3 times for both the extended and standard battery.

magdream

Reaction score
When you get the bionic I highly recommended you get the extended battery. It's 50% off.

What I did as per another poster was let me battery drain all the way to 0. Took out the battery. Pressed the power button down for 15-30 seconds. Insert the battery and let it charge to 100% while the phone is OFF. I did this 3 times for both the extended and standard battery.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Did it work? Also, I know that I can't charge my D1 while it's off, I assume I can with the bionic? How would I know it's charged 100% if it's off?

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I've done a lot if reading the last couple of days and there people that says you don't need to train lithium- ion batteries but to me drain/fill has benefited me more than it has hurt.

Also when you have the bionic on charge while it is turned off, just TAP the power button and the screen w turn on informing you of the current % of your battery.

When you get your new bionic, do NOT bother opening any of the social applications. Battery drain!!

Have fun w your new bionic. I loved the OG Droid but the bionic is just awesome!

magdream

Reaction score
I've done a lot if reading the last couple of days and there people that says you don't need to train lithium- ion batteries but to me drain/fill has benefited me more than it has hurt.

Also when you have the bionic on charge while it is turned off, just TAP the power button and the screen w turn on informing you of the current % of your battery.

When you get your new bionic, do NOT bother opening any of the social applications. Battery drain!!

Have fun w your new bionic. I loved the OG Droid but the bionic is just awesome!

Thanks!

wseyller

Reaction score
Battery dock ftw. Can even carry my spare battery in my wallet.

Only time I hook my phone to a charger is at night out of habit or my car dock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Renae

Reaction score
I was getting about 6 or 8 hours, sometimes less. I bought the extended battery last week cause it was still half off. I went over 20 hours after the first full charge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk