Is it the phone, my carrier (Verizon) or Google problem?

MIjimmy

Reaction score
Cannot synch phone calendar with google calendar on computer. Works the other way, (google events entered on computer display on phone) but not for events entered on phone.

Mobile set up tells me to enter my cell # and send verification code. Code is texted to phone but entering this verification number on the google setup page results in "verification number incorrect"

Getting frustrated.

bwlstuff

Reaction score
When you are creating a calendar event on your phone, which calendar are you putting it in (see top of "create event")? If it says "phone calendar", then that entry is specific to your phone. If you want it to be added to the calendar you use from your computer, select the appropriate account from the drop down.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, I'll bet you nailed it with that answer. It's like the problem people used to have with their contacts. They didn't realize the were putting them in "phone contacts", not "Google Contacts" - so when they upgraded to a new phone they lost all their contacts' info!

OP
M

MIjimmy

Reaction score
Wow! finally. Thanks Tat and BW. I had just about given up.

westa510

Reaction score
I would like to tag into this thread because I have so much to learn. I have added the annual, repeating, events (birthdays and anniversaries) to my gCalendar. All of my personal appointments in the Droid's calendar. My contacts are also on my phone.

I want to create events and add the appropriate contact information; i.e. doctor's appointment linked to the doctor's contact info (phone number).

I have not been able to do this on my Droid, have I missed something? The alternative may be to "sync" the phone's calendar and contact list with the Google counterparts.

Thanks,
Andy