Google Calendar dropping entries

rdemm

Reaction score
I have (2) Droid 2 cell phones. Both exhibit the same problem. When I make entry on the cell phone for an event, the whole event will frequently drop out approximately one minute after pressing save. If I only enter the "event subject" and date and time information, the event will generally load properly. However, when I enter the"Who". the "Where"; the "Description", I lose the entire entry. This has been duplicated with Verizon technicians and they have no answer. I would appreciate any and all help as this Google calendar app is now useless.

Thruway

Reaction score
I would personally reccomend un-synching or re-syncing another gmail account. Or factory resetting the phone(s)

OP
R

rdemm

Reaction score
google calendar dropping entries on droid 2

Thanks for the recommendation. I need to be certain that I don't lose apps in the process. Will let you know..

Thruway

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but once you purchase apps through the market and go through "Google Check-out" they can be re-downloaded on your account without price. You may want to double check.

OP
R

rdemm

Reaction score
Droid 2 dropping gcalendar entries

I have unsynced and resynced the existing gmail account to no avail. I have also reloaded the gcalendar app to no avail. I have not considered a factory reset as this is happening on both my phones and there are enough other people with similar issues that there appears to be a serious software issue that needs a fix.
As a "work around", I am going to load up the "what" entry with as much info as possible and see if I can get by with that.

Thanks for the thoughts.