Is anybody else having problems with gmail today?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
The counter for for mailbox says there are xx mails in my inboxand xx mails in outbox, but when I go to my inbox I get a white triangle with an exclaimation point stating there is no connection.

Also All of the mails in the outbox say sending in red but are doing nothing.

I did a battery pull , rebooted. It will start to sync, I see the sync icon come up in the notification bar, then it stops. Go back to my inbox ... no connection? :mad:WTF ???

Anybody else seeing this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've had over 500 emails on Gmail today.....been working too well....lol

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'm beginning to think that the gmail app is corrupted on here, just tried to delete mail out of the outbox think that is what is hanging the sync. Gmail has crashed each time I delete a email out of the outbox.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Def sounds like a isolated problem on your phone. Mines been working fine (gmail and all other google services). Just wish I could create/edit the labels, guess I can't get rid of the laptop just yet...

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Def sounds like a isolated problem on your phone. Mines been working fine (gmail and all other google services). Just wish I could create/edit the labels, guess I can't get rid of the laptop just yet...

Yea, I think something weird happened to it. I had it on my wifi trying to send out xmas pics to my relatives.Using the share feature from the gallery. Only 1 attachment (pic) per email with only 5 contacts in the to field. I was sending one at a time.

When I finished going through the pics scrolling from the gallery and sending I had done about 40 of them.

My wife was one of the contacts and she said didn't get any of them, all 40 were stuck in the outbox.

I tried to force a sync and it would start then crap out.

I switched off the wifi on it bacause I was using stream torrent to watch the carolina-new orleans game on the lan and figure that was eating up bandiwdth.

edit : (I also think that something may have happened with stream torrent , I have had to firewall my other machines on the lan from it as it starts scanning ports on the network, thought the wireless was safe as I run mac filtering and wpa encryption as well as AP isolation on the wireless. But who knows, I just find it funny that it happened during that time.)

I had my wife send 2 test emails and it showed 2 emails in the account and inbox windows but no notfications and when I tried to sync the inbox I got the no connection message.

I had 3g data connectivity but just kept crapping out on the sync.

I just said screw it and did a factory reset and resynched the phone... once it was completed and everything seems ok now.:icon_ banana:

Gotta love the way it backs everything up in the cloud , just had to wait about 15 minutes for it and it downloaded all the apps but the screen went black and would not come back on.

After a battery pull and reboot it cane back up with everything , plus I get the "Droid" audio on boot now. ( It had not done this until after this reset).:motdroidvert:

Last edited: