iPhone Got Flash....

Reaction score
The bottom line is that having Flash on our phones will open up a whole realm of more possibilities and that is the big deal. That is what all the excitement is for. Ya it can cause problems but what does not cause problems. Steve Jobs is getting all crunk about HTML5 and how it is going to take over the industry. You say you don't want Flash but really you do because of what it really can do. No one really even knows its full extent for cell phones because it is not here yet. Look how flash changed computers and think how it could change cell phones.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bottom line is that having Flash on our phones will open up a whole realm of more possibilities and that is the big deal. That is what all the excitement is for. Ya it can cause problems but what does not cause problems. Steve Jobs is getting all crunk about HTML5 and how it is going to take over the industry. You say you don't want Flash but really you do because of what it really can do. No one really even knows its full extent for cell phones because it is not here yet. Look how flash changed computers and think how it could change cell phones.

I agree with you on this one. Just about anything can be used the wrong way to create problems. The reason steve jobs doesn't want flash is simple.. and this is the root of the problem, apple wants control, with flash.. it opens up the doors to many things that they don't want you to do. Plain and simple.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Jobs hates Flash because every hack contest for the last two years has had OS X falling first...due to Flash vulnerabilities. It totally undermines the facade that OS X is more secure than Windows ;)

Reaction score
^^^^^^ exactly on the two above me.

Anything that Jobs does not have complete control over he will not like. There are people that still believe that the flash enabled apps that have been said to be coming for the Iphone will still get blocked by Jobs. I believe Flash has tremendous potential and I cant wait.

oopslolz

Reaction score
my eris has flash for when i need it. im really glad the browser doesnt have flash though. That's all I want when I'm out is to hear "congratulations, youve been selected to win a free ipod nano" coming from my phone. Flash in general on phones is one of those everybody wants it but nobody really needs it kinda things.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the fence here......i can agree with you 50% but thats only because there are quite a few websites i go to that you need flash for. One of them being our local weather from one of our local TV stations. With it there is no mapping and such. Oh well, we will see what happens

I would be fine with a toggle switch for flash. Going to youtube...turn it on. Going to hulu..turn it on. On a news site and it says it needs flash? Maybe turn it on...maybe not.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
my eris has flash for when i need it. im really glad the browser doesnt have flash though. That's all I want when I'm out is to hear "congratulations, youve been selected to win a free ipod nano" coming from my phone. Flash in general on phones is one of those everybody wants it but nobody really needs it kinda things.

You mean Flash Lite.

Flash Lite is not even an acceptable excuse for Flash.

x25064

Reaction score
Everyone making a big deal about flash should know there us going to be a much simpler answer for flash on our droids then begging Google for 2.1. Skyfire has announced that they are releasing a version of their browser for android in the near future, at this rate possibly sooner then Google will release our long awaited android update.

While not truely flash, skyfire is not only incredibly fast, but runs flash content as a desktop would with no problems. Your are only limited by a lack of mouse.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Unless Skyfire is available for us right now, its not an answer.