1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Steve Jobs insults Google's Phones

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by crdnilfan, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Steve Jobs dubs Google's 'don't be evil' motto 'bulls**t' ? The Register

"We did not enter the search business," Jobs said in reference to Google. "They entered the phone business. Make no mistake: they want to kill the iPhone. We won’t let them."

Google's already taking over, and I really hope this just makes google mad enough to make a even better product

We all know google has the power to destroy apple if there wanted to.
  2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I still think its funny that Steveo forgot that they only recent entered the "phone business" recently too!
  3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

I'm still waiting for them to enter the computer business. I'm trying to think how many of my friends have macs, compared to how many have PCs.. in fact, I'm on a floor right now that has easily over 250 computers, and I don't see 1 Mac.

For him to even respond he knows he has some real competition, finally. Competition is a good thing, for us and them.

He should get a new outfit, too. That sweater look is getting old.

-Wil
  4. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

5. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

Everyone needs to leave Stevie alone. He's a little guy surrounded by giants (M$ and Google), naturally he's defensive. But seriously, this kind of friendly (or not) competition is what spurs innovation. I'll stop there before my soapbox gets too high.
  6. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

It's 2010 and Jobs creates a giant iPhone with no multitasking, flash, or USB support. Look out google! Looks like you have a run for your money!
  7. CongoJack90

CongoJack90 New Member

He's just throwing a fit because his last unveiling (the iflop) is probably the worst device unvieled in the past 2 years. And his ridiculous claims of greatest web surfing device ever really didn't help the cause.
  8. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Apple does spur competition though, which i love. without Apple's Iphone, we wouldn't have Android IMO
  9. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Or a weak imitation...I agree that the competition is good. However, Jobs seems like the kind of kid that will hold his breath until he gets his way or he will take his football and go home! :icon_ banana:
  10. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

Looked like Steve Jobs really needed one of his iMaxipads.

I read his excuses for not wanting flash and they were weak. Crashes? Seriously, when was the last time anyone had their browser crash because of Flash? For me its probably been several years and I surf quite a bit at home and at work. If Macs are crashing and not PCs then that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

The iPhone doesn't need flash to crash, it does that quite well on its own (anyone in doubt feel free to browse the Apple forums and I owned a 3g for a year and experienced my fair share).

What's going on with Mr. Jobs is he's beginning to feel some heat. He's used to having his way but things are changing and the public is catching on little by little.
    There is space for competition and Apple will survive, but the ride won't be easy. He won't like giving up some Market share but he'll have no choice.

All in all he came off like a pompous douchebag. And I really hope Adobe releases flash even earlier and maybe form closer ties to Google.
  11. mightyleemoon

mightyleemoon New Member

lol @ the guy who thinks the universe revolves around him.

Sure.

Google entered the phone market with the single intention of taking down his little phone.

Steve....I bet you think this song is about you....
  12. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Would go to reason he'd attack Google, because they are going to need the iPhone to keep being a cash cow as the iPad certainly looks like a solution looking for a problem!

As far as Goggle, I certainly hope they are astute enough to understand they have a window of opportunity to take huge market share from Apple, but they really need to crank it up on some fixes/enhancements as Apple certainly is not going to sit around! Think they have great momentum with the Andoid OS, they just need to keep pushing!
  13. griz8791

griz8791 New Member

14. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

...and Here

...and Here

:D
  15. iPirate

iPirate New Member

******** ADMIN EDIT *****************

It does suck I have to download flash but should we talk about quicktime? the worst format ever. I am happy flash became popular, I remember having to try to deal with quicktime and wasting hours of time trying to get it to work.
  16. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

This is a good metaphor for Apple in general. What does Steve Jobs consider to be an "evil" act according to his statement?

Competing with Apple.
  17. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

hahaha. wow steve. so, he crossed into the phone buisness. how does motorola feel about that (with the razr and such)? he was supposed to stay with computers. OH SNAP. seriously, its true. technically motorola (and htc) were making phones before his company was
  18. M Diddy

M Diddy New Member

Uh, Apple's Market Cap is higher than Googles' and not terribly far behind MS. As much as I dislike Apple as a tech, the company has its' **** together. You have to give them that.

Google is technically the smallest of the three....
  19. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

How many of your friends drive a Ferrari compared to a Honda Civic? Considering Apple was #4 in computer sales for all over 2009 (US of course), and only having roughly 8-10% of the market, I think they are doing just fine.
  20. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

You might want to check Steve Jobs' biography. His impact on technology over the last 30+ years hardly suggests someone unwilling to play the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.