Pissed

iPirate

Reaction score
I really wanted the the 2.1 update to include live wallpapers which apparently is not coming
IS ANYONE ELSE MAD ABOUT THIS:mad:
How do you know they arent going to be included? Engadget? :laugh:

OP
rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
They could at least include it. You don't have to put them on if you don't want to. I think somethings up.

droidfannd

Reaction score
I really wanted the the 2.1 update to include live wallpapers which apparently is not coming

No, I'm not :mad: about it.

We don't always get what we want in life. I wonder at the amazing sense of entitlement some folks display as consumers...as if wanting something is sufficient reason to get it.

The DROID wasn't marketed as a device with live wallpapers...and no one ever promised anyone that it would have live wallpapers.

My DROID is a great phone and a valuable tool for my daily life.

I'll survive without live wallpapers. And I suspect you will too.

There will ALWAYS be a newer phone with newer features...so I'm pretty happy if Motorola and Verizon do their best to keep the DROID as current as they are able. If they've opted to keep live wallpapers as a feature that is unique to the Nexus One...that is their prerogative.

frbooker87

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking, the Droid was marketed as a manly beast of a phone. If you think about it the 3d app drawer and live wallpapers are basically anti Droid. Things we don't need to get thejob done on our bare-knuckle bucket of DOES. Motorola probably wants to stay true to the branding and keep the Droid all "muscle."

We'll see what happens.

M

Matth3w

Why are you mad about this?

1) Live wallpapers are sure to take more resources than standard wallpapers.

2) What percentage of people can actually SEE their wallpaper and it isn't mostly covered up by icons and widgets?

They could scrap the idea of live wallpapers altogether and I couldn't care less.

iPirate

Reaction score
i dont give a rats ass about the live wallpapers but im just curious where you got your info from?
Engadget knows a guys that knows a guy working at Verizon that knows a guy testing the software.

mattygabe

Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but I thought that the whole thing about Live Wallpapers not coming came from the Engadget review, which was proven as false with the official Motorola Facebook press release today.

Guchi

Reaction score
this is what engadget was going for i think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wickedgrip

Reaction score
add me to the list of upset droid owner who wants live wallpapers I think its cool even if its not a long term thing

rda990

Reaction score
Woah Woah Woah...I don't think we know 100% cause this info is from Engadget that "knows a guys that knows a guy working at Verizon that knows a guy testing the software."...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Why are you mad about this?

1) Live wallpapers are sure to take more resources than standard wallpapers.

2) What percentage of people can actually SEE their wallpaper and it isn't mostly covered up by icons and widgets?

They could scrap the idea of live wallpapers altogether and I couldn't care less.

I feel the same way about the 3D app drawer. I have shortcuts to all my commonly used apps on my home screens specifically so I rarely need to use the app drawer.