Iphone 5, oh brother

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well, if i were an Iphone fan, I'd be pretty pissed right now. Other than a nice camera, what did they add to this thing? 4g lte? Wow, we at android have had that ford a while. That's old news apple. How does it feel to be playing catch up?

huskur

Reaction score
Well, if i were an Iphone fan, I'd be pretty pissed right now. Other than a nice camera, what did they add to this thing? 4g lte? Wow, we at android have had that ford a while. That's old news apple. How does it feel to be playing catch up?

I am not advocating Apple nor am I fan. I would never own an iPhone. In their defense though they most likely won't be "data droppers" and would be stellar in connectivity. Only time will tell

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was not particularly impressed. My girl who's been begging for an iPhone lost a lot of excitement when I showed her the announcement. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hey, another row of icons. Time to pop the tops off the champagne bottles! :beer2:

[video=youtube;GXr1kmuqGcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXr1kmuqGcU[/video]

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I normally try and keep a pretty balanced perspective on this stuff, but it was definitely underwhelming.

However, the single chip/antenna for LTE was somewhat interesting.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for isheep that they now get to have lousy battery life like us lte owners have had for quite some time now.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
sent from this Galaxy

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie it looks pretty good to me and i might pick it up(yes i know its blasphemy there's nothing wrong with my gnex just curioud about the iphone really), but its basically last year's android at a higher price. And i am disappointed that it didnt include NFC. I kinda wanted the iphone to have nfc so it could spark interest.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is a good question. If apple cant keep the s3 and note 2 out of the states could they lose the apple users that were on the fence. Apple will keep their die hards but seeing how much effort they put in the patent suits as opposed to innovation i think apple is finally looking up at android not knowing what to do. Also looks like they missing the leadership of Steve Jobs.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wasn't expecting anything really "revolutionary" because at this point in the hardware, Apple is playing catchup. Today they caught up, though some would nitpick the screen is small, but they did indeed catch up. The new chip they got is impressive, but nothing really special that makes the new iPhone stick out.

As underwhelming as the new iPhone is, I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of tech sites praising it as how revolutionary it is, remind me to stay away from Engadget for the next couple of days:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks good, but its basically last year's android at a higher price. And i am disappointed that it didnt include NFC.
I cant wait to see who sue's apple first, Htc or Samsung over the lte patents lol

At this point why bother unless apple continues their suit then u counter. The iphone 5 to me already looks like its doa even the tech world is noticing (referring to those who side with Apple) that Apple has fallen behind. I would not spark any sentiment headlines. Just keep pushing your product.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And I agree with PC, Apple really hasn't been the same ever since the passing of Jobs. He was their leading innovator, he was the walking brainstorm, he was their "golden hen". It seems after all the litigating, their ideas and innovations have become stagnant.

So yes I do agree that Apple is now looking up to Android and has no idea how to counter it. They really have become less creative and instead have become more about "stopping the competition". If you can't beat'em, sue'em. Apple knows they're losing their grip on the "casual crowd"

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And now the lawsuit from Samsung.... lmao... and a taste of their own medicine.

npro1464

Reaction score
The iPhone 5 stinks. All the clamoring for a bigger screen and they decide to only stretch it a little? What a joke!

However, it will sell like hotcakes. The last iPhone was the same exact thing with a dual core and a stupid gimmicky voice command app and everyone went ape-**** and lined up to get one. The same people will still do the same thing, even though not much has changed and the design (IMO) has gotten worse. Let's remember, we're reaching a point on the curve where tech isn't going to get that much better. When the GSIII first dropped, we made the same cynical comments on how not enough has improved. We're just not going to get the jumps we had from the G1 to the Droid, the Droid to the Evo, or the Thunderbolt to the Galaxy Nexus. And seeing as how Apple always takes its sweet time updating/improving their products, this update doesn't surprise me. After the way they acted this year, I'd love to see this be Apple's first dud, but I don't think that's going to happen. People will camp outside for hours in tents to get their new skinny little phone. Never bet against Apple.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I actually like how it looks. For some reason it reminds me of the Porsche 911, it may not be the quickest or the most innovative but it just gets fine tuned over time. Idk why but for some reason the iphone has caught my attention. But it does amaze me at how the hardcore apple fans will actually camp out for the phones on release day.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rdIWKytq_q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]