Iphone 5, oh brother

Redsnk95

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they market it to the public. They marketed the heck out of Siri using the movie stars etc. Not sure how to market a bigger screen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they market it to the public. They marketed the heck out of Siri using the movie stars etc. Not sure how to market a bigger screen.

" It looks like your friends Android phone, but it's better". That'll sell a million by itself.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
iPhone 5= iCrap
A bit harsh for a device that I can pretty safely assume you've never seen (or used) in real life. The fact that it has what appears to be the first ARM Cortex A15 based SoC on the market is a big deal all by itself.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I'll admit, it's a good looking phone. Even though it looks like last year's. But it does seem to me, that lately their releases mostly appeal to owners 2 generations behind. People I knew that had the 3GS, were not very interested in upgrading to the 4 and those with the 4, were not particularly motivated in upgrading to the 4S. I have a feeling primarily 4 users will upgrade to the 5. Obviously, most consumers are on 2-year contracts which plays into this, but because of the multiple OEMs in the Android arena, I've observed many of us upgrade in much shorter terms. But since Apple sells millions every year, they will sell millions again.

I actually found the Nano to be the most interesting upgrade out of the entire presentation.

Last edited:

huskur

Reaction score
A bit harsh for a device that I can pretty safely assume you've never seen (or used) in real life. The fact that it has what appears to be the first ARM Cortex A15 based SoC on the market is a big deal all by itself.

Point 1-- No I have not used the iPhone 5. But I am very versed with the 4S. Not much change between the two even with what may be the first ARM set.

Point 2-- Innovation is not what Apple is best at. At one time they were but that is by far not the case any more. The quad core in the Note 2 is fairly impressive also. Correct?

Realistically the improvements were subpar for a device that should at least have NFC IMO. Apple is slowing falling off the pedestal it once stood on top of.

I should have said: iphone 5= iLiketobeinthehipcrowdandhopethesalesofmyfollowerscarrymetilwecanbemoreforthgoing

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should have said: iphone 5= iLiketobeinthehipcrowdandhopethesalesofmyfollowerscarrymetilwecanbemoreforthgoing

I'm shocked I actually had zero problem reading that... :icon_eek:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No!!!! No hash tags on this forum!!!! Lol

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Point 1-- No I have not used the iPhone 5. But I am very versed with the 4S. Not much change between the two even with what may be the first ARM set.

Point 2-- Innovation is not what Apple is best at. At one time they were but that is by far not the case any more. The quad core in the Note 2 is fairly impressive also. Correct?

Realistically the improvements were subpar for a device that should at least have NFC IMO. Apple is slowing falling off the pedestal it once stood on top of.

Forth going?
I've never seen them as innovative beyond taking ideas that others shelved, making them their own then having an excellent marketing department. They kinda remind me of Chinese companies without the excellent marketing.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie it looks pretty good to me and i might pick it up(yes i know its blasphemy there's nothing wrong with my gnex just curioud about the iphone really), but its basically last year's android at a higher price. And i am disappointed that it didnt include NFC. I kinda wanted the iphone to have nfc so it could spark interest.
you couldn't pay me to own one.

I wasn't expecting anything really "revolutionary" because at this point in the hardware, Apple is playing catchup. Today they caught up, though some would nitpick the screen is small, but they did indeed catch up. The new chip they got is impressive, but nothing really special that makes the new iPhone stick out.

As underwhelming as the new iPhone is, I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of tech sites praising it as how revolutionary it is, remind me to stay away from Engadget for the next couple of days:p
Or Cnet.

Yes, this was the catchup to get everyone on a sorta even keel, but the next wave of Androids will keep making Apple play catchup, or at least, musical lawsuits.

You tube video
hilarious At least now the folks that own the iPhone 4 can REALLY say they have 4G.

The fact that the specs aren't anything as Apple has "revolutionized" in the past, isn't a big whoop. Oh wait. its "Ultrafast" and has a 5th row of icons!!! I'll take my huge weather widget, and clock widget, and news feed widgets, and music widgets back home and play by myself.