iPhone 3GS vs. Droid - loading webpages (MY own video)

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
To me the biggest factor with browser loading speed is the NETWORK because I don't know about you but most of the time I'm using the network, not wifi. If both phones had full bars then I'm sure AT&T would be a touch faster but the odds of an iPhone having a better signal than a Droid are quite low lol

Ok I'll do the 3g test later too. AT&T has full bars at my house.

Newton122189

Reaction score
To me the biggest factor with browser loading speed is the NETWORK because I don't know about you but most of the time I'm using the network, not wifi. If both phones had full bars then I'm sure AT&T would be a touch faster but the odds of an iPhone having a better signal than a Droid are quite low lol

Ok I'll do the 3g test later too. AT&T has full bars at my house.

now thats the biggest surprise i've had all week, forget the N1 or 2.1 coming to the droid, someone getting full bars on at&t, now that should be front page news

brochaos

Reaction score
should they really be that different? i mean, they are similar operating systems on similar hardware running similar browsers. engadget did a pretty shoddy job.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
This test is comparable to what I've seen as well. The other thing to note here is the multitasking. Seriously, you may be able to do a single function on the IPhone at a faster speed, but what lends itself to Android users such as ourselves is the ability to do many things at once, really well.

It's like comparing a man (Iphone) to a woman (Android). Ya ya, please no flac for that one!

drewshaver

Reaction score
i had thought the endadget was over 3g, i tried engadet on mine over 3g and took about the same, i stopped it after it was clear how horrible.. really need ad blocking in our mobile browser to fix this

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
The point of this thread was to show there was definitely something up with the engadget test. Seeing as they are bias towards the iphone, the test was definitely fishy.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
now thats the biggest surprise i've had all week, forget the N1 or 2.1 coming to the droid, someone getting full bars on at&t, now that should be front page news

What's weird is I live just outside NYC but work in Manhattan. I know several people who have iPhones, but they will often have FULL bars but the connection is still crap. I guess it's number of users at the time?

Newton122189

Reaction score

What's weird is I live just outside NYC but work in Manhattan. I know several people who have iPhones, but they will often have FULL bars but the connection is still crap. I guess it's number of users at the time?

yeah their network is bogged down with all the internet traffic from the iphones, at&t didnt have a large/strong enough network to support such a popular phone but i dont think anyone knew at the time that it would be as popular as it is

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the engadget test used wifi on both phones and shows the iphone winning by quite a bit, I don't trust it one bit. All other tests I've seen done (there were several right when the Droid was coming out) show that they are fairly close. Sometimes the iPhone would load faster at first but the Droid would finish first. They were always pretty similar though, not like the engadget video.

iPirate

Reaction score
engadget video for those that missed it:

[video=youtube;aMGkhBIqOMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMGkhBIqOMg[/video]

and OP video:

[video=youtube;g-WaB9P93uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WaB9P93uo[/video]

so you can run them together if you wish

Mojo

Reaction score
I want to see a iphone vs. Droid browser test, with them both on WiFi via a Verizon MiFi. That way they are both still working of a cellular network with the same data speed.

Newton122189

Reaction score
if only i had an iphone 3gs then i could totally do that test

and just to add, the mifi is basically identical speeds to the droids normal internet