iPhone 3GS vs. Droid - loading webpages (MY own video)

jrl9851

Reaction score
Many of you have seen the video from engadget showing the iphone absolutely destroy both the Droid and Nexus at loading webpages. Well, I did my own test, and here are the results.

[video=youtube;g-WaB9P93uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WaB9P93uo[/video]

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I also have 7 widgets running on my droid. Obviously my gf's iphone 3gs doesn't have ANYTHING running.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Cool. I've seen similar results.

So many of these sites seem so iPhone-bias it borders on disturbing. And yes, I realize I'm on a Droid-bias forum, but you know what I mean. :D

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I'd even be willing to say that in the engadget video they had the iphone connected to a wifi network with a very strong signal and connected the android phones to a different network with a weak signal. Either that or they loaded the webpage on the iphone previously, but not on the android phones.

hacku

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread. Seems they had pre-loaded the webpage on the iPhone but not on the Droid or the Nexus One.

Engadget is just a bunch of iPhone fan boys!

Thanks for the video.

iPirate

Reaction score
Did you ever go to that website before with either phone? I'm wondering what would happen with a new website that neither phone has been to.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Did you ever go to that website before with either phone? I'm wondering what would happen with a new website that neither phone has been to.

Yes both phones have been to that website, as said in the description.

I can try the thing you suggested when I get home. What website would you guys suggest?

Santini

Reaction score
This is why I hope someone figures out how to do something like adblock plus on any mobile device, because it's almost always not the website itself that takes time to load, its the ads. You can see on the video that it was the ads that were last to show up, and on websites I tend to visit, I could use the site about 50% earlier if it didn't scroll around because it finally loaded an ad's image

Reaction score
Speedtest

A friend of mine has an IPhone. After the at&t commercial that shows luke wilson downloading himself and the verizon download cuts off his head we tried running speedtest on my Droid and his Iphone at the same time. We ran it it multiple times while driving around the city and the verizon 3g SMOKED at&t 3g every time.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
To me the biggest factor with browser loading speed is the NETWORK because I don't know about you but most of the time I'm using the network, not wifi. If both phones had full bars then I'm sure AT&T would be a touch faster but the odds of an iPhone having a better signal than a Droid are quite low lol