iPhone 3G to Thunderbolt... ROM questions...

usfjosh

Reaction score
I am looking for a little advice... I have decided to purchase a Thunderbolt off eBay and am coming from an iphone 3G, so I have no experience with Android. I have been reading about the issues with battery life, reboots and gps issues with the Thunderbolt. I am wanting to use a ROM to help reduce those issues (if that is possible), but am having a tough time determining where I should go to find one or which one I should use. I absolutely want something that provides the maximum customibility and features along with stability, but I also want to be confident I won't brick the phone. I am sure that everyone wants the same thing, so can I please get some advice from those that have something they like and has worked. Thank you!

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Once your rooted, I recommend upgrading your radio to mr2 and then go with das bamf gingerbread with 3.0 sense. Highly customizable and very smooth. Gingeritis is also very good but isn't the full 3.0 port

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thelopenator

Reaction score
I would personally reccomend the eaton rom. Runs the best for me but it all depend on what yore looking for in a rom.

lukenova

Reaction score
I had the BAMF gingerbread rom on my phone and I was experiencing terrible battery life. I am running the RC of CyanogenMod now and it is running a lot better. Didn't charge from yesterday at around 2pm and it was at 20% this morning at 7:30am when I got up. Under BAMF it probably would have been dead.

The only thing about CyanogenMod is they cut out sense UI completely. So if you like that, stay away from Cyanogen for now.

thelopenator

Reaction score
Have you chosen a rom yet?

this was sent from my phone that is cellular