iPAD ruins Android's chances if you ask me...

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Ipad is an Itouch with a muscle suit on. Whatever happened to actually flipping open a real book and reading it there and then?

Exactly... I love my book collection... I love the feel and smell of a pile of books. Bookstores and libraries are my favorite places..

Xaneth

Reaction score
It could be useful while you're kicking back in bed surfing the web, etc. To expand on that, if it could be docked so that it had keyboard/mouse, connection to the HDTV, etc, it could be even more useful. Just noticed over on AndroidSpin that Toshiba is embracing an Android slate:

TOSHIBA ANDROID TABLET? WHY YES | AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.

As you may or may not know, Toshiba ruled the laptop world at one point. Working for an authorized Toshiba repair depot for several years, we worked on all the makes and models. They have been overcome, of course, as Dell got better with their engineering, as well as HP/Compaq. Back in those days, 1995-1999, Toshiba ruled, and it's time they step back up to the plate and rule again, if at all possible. Their well engineered systems have had a major impact on the laptops of today, they are the ones who laid the foundation in.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You should go back to smoking your bong because your ramble is nearly incomprehensible.

I was in a magical place where the iPad could do all those things , I just woke up and realized it can do none :icon_ nono2:

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

Ipad is an Itouch with a muscle suit on. Whatever happened to actually flipping open a real book and reading it there and then?
You must not travel a lot. I travel for work 3 weeks out of the month - no way I am carrying enough books with me for 3 weeks. I can read a book in 5-6 hours.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
You must not travel a lot. I travel for work 3 weeks out of the month - no way I am carrying enough books with me for 3 weeks. I can read a book in 5-6 hours.

I can see that... if I traveled that much, then a Kindle, or something similar would work, since I don't it makes no sense to me , but then, each of us buys the technology that we need to, to do what we need to get done, in the way that makes it easiest for us....

Droid224

Reaction score
Do you really think that Android won't power a decent tablet that overcomes many of the iPad's shortcomings by the autumn lead into the X-mas buying season? Do you really want to live in Steve Job's walled garden where you can't have an app unless Steve Jobs says it's OK? You don't want a removable battery? You want proprietary ports instead of USB? You don't want a camera? An SD card slot?

The iPad is cool and Steve Jobs is a marketing genius but he is also a control freak and I don't want to be at the other end of his leash. I like my Droid and I will like my Android tablet when it is ready. In the mean time I have a netbook for travel and a very nice notebook for home and local use. I can wait.
He speaks the truth i broke away from that wall when i got my droid and i have been loving life ever since but dont get me wrong crapple still has some good 3d games :3 but the droid is like freedome in a phone

Xaneth

Reaction score
Just a quick question for someone who might have one of these, my developers went out and got themselves iPad's, but they're not able to get PDF files stored in memory anywhere. Since it's not exactly SD, and they tell me it won't come up on their PC when they plug it in? That doesn't make sense, surely it mounts the memory on this thing when plugged in?

Also, what would you do to enable offline viewing of web sites was another question that came up.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You are asking for to much , this is the magic of the iPad , the simplicity .

I heard that in the future , they will sell some accessories like a USB dongle . a SD card reader and a camera connector .

M

Matth3w

Just a quick question for someone who might have one of these, my developers went out and got themselves iPad's, but they're not able to get PDF files stored in memory anywhere. Since it's not exactly SD, and they tell me it won't come up on their PC when they plug it in? That doesn't make sense, surely it mounts the memory on this thing when plugged in?

Also, what would you do to enable offline viewing of web sites was another question that came up.
Good Reader for like .99 supposedly transfers PDF files over WiFi, and there is an app for offline webpages but I forget the name. It might actually be like Offline Pages or something.

J

Johnly

Google got caught with it's pants down again as the iPAD has the latest killer aps like Netflix and Hulu. A port to the iPhone won't be far behind. I've been complaining about the lack of video on Android (youtube sucks) and this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin. Once the iPhone comes to Verizon I will be dumping my Droid. I am sorry, I am disgusted that a company like Google feels that 10 minute youtube videos are cool, when in fact they are annoying and pathetic in 2010.

Without apps like Netflix, Android which is a good OS will be relegated to a very distant second citizen...

To quote boxing to be the champ you've got to BEAT the champ. Android doesn't beat the champ (apple) in the OS game, it might be a little better in some things, but overall Apple wins again.
u r comparing a computer tablet to androids mobile phone system? Ha ha ha, I needed a good laugh, thank you! On a serious note, I hope the iPhone re-advances again in the the future with the hulu and netflix apps, but I think it is going to need ALLOT more than that to be an android killer ( I did not just say that!) lol. I think flash player will hit the open source market on mobile devices before it reaches apples locked down garden bubble. Thanks for ur post guy. I said all this without a keyboard!

M

Matth3w

Also DocsAnywhere will allow you to xfer docs from your computer to iTunes.

NVash

Reaction score
I used an iPad. I was blown away by the oversized iTouch. Truth be told, I only see two usages for this thing.
1) Book reading
2) Comic / Manga Viewing
Thats it. The thing is a Kindle wannabe but it does it right since its in color. It might be good for gaming, Im not sure. The screen is so huge it might just be. I know its a pain in the neck playing Resident Evil 4 on the iTouch since the screen is so small, maybe theyll get it right this time around. Movies, I have no idea. Truthfully, it had me sold on it right there since sometimes the iTouch screen is too small for my tastes and I immediately wanted to purchase one. Then I saw the price and I backed away really fast.