iPad met its match

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by darkmatter, Aug 28, 2011.

1. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Was reading this article from cnet, and he has some interesting points.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20098165-64/ipad-met-its-match-in-the-touchpad/?tag=cnetRiver

If anyone can and should learn a lesson from this its Amazon. Don't advertise, sell cheaper.

How fast would their supposed 10" tegra 3 tablet sell out if priced at $299? I'd buy it no question. Or the smaller one for $199? I think both those price points would give Apple no small measure of concern.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

2. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Yes, I quite agree. I'm flabbergasted tha companies are putting out tablets to compete with ipad, yet price them like the ipad. If the other OS tablets cost the same or just $50 less than the ipad then why not just get an ipad. Duh? The only way a company is going to edge out apple now, imo, is solely based on the price.

I'm rocking a hp touchpad that I got for $99 now. And quite frankly I love it. I now prefer the webos interface over android and ios and this would have never happened had I not been able to buy it at a much cheaper price than the existing ipad/android tablets.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums