Nvidia CEO: Why Android tablets aren't selling

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wicked, May 16, 2011.

1. bL33d

bL33d Member

For me its apps there are just way more apps for the ipad and higher quality apps to boot. I think with the new os's for android devices and being able to scale apps for tablets will help a great deal.

I have had a nook color modded ofcourse and a viewsonic gtab but my ipad is just better. Now i do really want the galaxy tab 10.1 but i hope they get netflix working on all devices...

I can now stream on my droid x which is very nice but my jailbroken ipad with hdmi out tweak displays netflix beautifully.
  2. IIGood

IIGood Member

A couple weeks after the Xoom first dropped, I stopped in the local Best Buy to check it out. When I went in there, I couldn't find it...looked in the mobile area where they had all the other tablets, it wasn't there. Roamed around the PC area...nope...finally found it on a shelf with some of the netbooks. It seemed like they placed it there as an afterthought and didn't put much planning into it's location. At the time, it was still a new product and I would've thought it should be prominently displayed with adequate signage and what-not. But nope...this thing was just "stuck in a corner" with no real merchandising put into it. It's almost like they didn't *want* to sell any.

And I definitely agree that the $800 price tag didn't help matters either. Big put-off for many as seen here.

I guess I can kinda share a sentiment from an earlier post...it seems to me that a tablet is just a "toy"...kind of an in-between. Bigger than a smartphone but not quite as powerful as a laptop or netbook. Maybe a few years ago when I had more money to throw around I would've picked one up by now just for kicks, but the more I think about them and their "real-world" use, I don't know if I can justify having one. But, that's just me.
  3. y0manda

y0manda New Member

Who needs a " secondary/ oversized phone" my phone can do everything a tablet can do, plus it fits in my pocket. Only the super geeks want tablets, the majority are satisfied with just a phone. Another point to consider is owning another device that will become outdated shortly. It's bad enough buying a new phone every year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
android secphone app
com.sec.phone

secphone android

secphone on tablet

secphone service

secphone service android
secphoneservice
secphoneservice android

what is secphone

what is secphone android