Nvidia CEO: Why Android tablets aren't selling

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wicked, May 16, 2011.

1. turficus

turficus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked too, and it looks like they are back to showing the way over inflated price from 3rd party sellers.

2. BOA

BOA Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never mind; it's gone anyways.

3. BOA

BOA Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep; don't need it or want it that badly. lol

4. turficus

turficus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the 32 gb is back again, but says it will be in stock on the 20th. Maybe the supply is picking back up.

5. yahwarrior

yahwarrior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People aren't idiots, fools who bought the outdated Zoom for $800 dollars are idiots. Plus who waits for updates, most of us (who are not idiots) will root our devices and update them ourselves.

6. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I just bought a xoom for 650...does that make me an idiot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

7. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think anyone is an idiot for buying what they want and can afford. Personally I think the Xoom is a waste as I can get a Transformer with a dock for less than a wifi Xoom. Granted it'll be 16gb less space. As for the updates, im pretty sure that the Transformer will have a pretty big developer backing plus Asus is a pretty good company and they're already working on getting 3.1 out in June. I have no reason to doubt that they'll update their tablets until they prove that they aren't so I think the Transformer is the best tablet out right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

8. accellpo

accellpo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, good luck with your update that's coming who knows when! But at least "they're working hard on getting that out".lol Meanwhile the Xoom got 3.1 the day it was announced. How long was samsung "working" on an update for the galaxy s line? They've been on 2.1 all this time, Yet some people are lining up to get their next latest and greatest. Android updates are so vital, and I just don't think people realize that. Updates should be a huge consideration when buying your next android device and not some gimmicky keyboard dock!

"im pretty sure that the Transformer will have a pretty big developer backing"

Wishful thinking. The Xoom already has a huge developer backing. And huge backing from Google.

9. accellpo

accellpo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Outdated? How is the Xoom outdated? Never mind. To even make a statement like that doesn't even warrant a response.

10. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    You will be one of those same people down the road wondering why your over priced XOOM isn't getting updates too, because there will be something better and your XOOM will be out dated. Dont believe it? Ask any Droid, Inc, (insert any "top of the line" phone from last year here), etc, owner.

11. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I realize that updates are vital but if I have to wait an extra month or two to get an update but I get to pay less and have a useful dock, then I'm okay with that. I'm more worried about updates to my phone than my tablet as Honeycomb is already pretty nice. I wouldn't be surprised if Ice Cream Sandwich is the last update that any of the current tablets get anyway so you paid extra to get two or three updates a little extra. Besides once the source for Ice Cream Sandwich is released we'll get the update anyway. Without source code the roms aren't going to be that great anyway.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

12. accellpo

accellpo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will be one of those same people down the road wondering why your over priced XOOM isn't getting updates too, because there will be something better and your XOOM will be out dated. Dont believe it? Ask any Droid, Inc, (insert any "top of the line" phone from last year here), etc, owner.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm enjoying Gingerbread on my year old DX. :)

See, that's what I mean. You have to know what brand to trust. I know people who choose the Fascinate because of the colorful screen. I think its still on 2.1!
    I'm speaking from experience with Android. I pre ordered my G1. Hardware is only half the story. You need those updates! Forget flash and other major features, just the performance difference from 2.1 to 2.2 was insane! And you get another boost on 2.3. More people should be made aware of this in order to make a more informed purchase.

Hardware specs are glorified in the Android world, but more emphasis should be put on software. It was nice to hear the news at IO on this matter, but that's still wait and see. As of right now, Motorola or HTC, that's all! Hope is all you have with the others. To get a device from LG or Samsung you're just asking to wait. And you will be waiting! If you trust Asus to keep you updated, by all means, jump right in. But its no difference with tablets. The jump from 3.0 to 3.1 is huge. Something I wouldn't want to be waiting for.

Lets face it, the majority does not root. And even when you do, the ROMs get much better when the devs get their hands on that official build. Of course you won't get updates forever, but I want them for as long as possible. Its the reason my DX remains awesome! The Fascinate owners will probably get the Galaxy 2, and receive more punishment. But the screen is so colorful! :) Resist the gimmicks people!

Search tags for this page
android secphone app

secphone android

secphone on tablet
secphone service
secphone service android
secphoneservice
secphoneservice android

what is secphone

what is secphone android
what its android secphone service