Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by patfactorx, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I keep seeing a lot of people mentioning the google market and how it's not as expensive. Have you all not seen the prices of all apps starting to gradually climb? Also have you not been reading of the horrible malware and other crap that can steal all your info? Trust me the Market is heading right towards a very similar path to the iOS, whether we like it or not, meaning they will be forced to hold the same security standards as Apple. It's not that the iOS has so many more better apps, I don't necessarily believe that but the overall quality of the entire lot is much better. Google may have many hundreds of thousands of apps or whatever it is but a good majority of those aren't worth a glance. I mean thankfully all the top of the line apps we would want can be found on both the app store and market. But it's when you start getting to the mid level apps is where the playing field becomes very uneven, IMO. But I also understand it has to be much more difficult to develop for Android due to all the different phones, all the different versions of Android and having all the different UI's from manufacturers. I personally am all for a more secure Market even if it means I have to shell out a few more dollars for my apps. Again that is just my two cents.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I believe you will see a more secure Market once Amazon takes it over.

3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and best of all....there is almost no other difference between this "new" ipad and the "old" one.....what an insult to "new" or upgraded. Aren't v2's supposed to be way better than v1's?

Here's a quote for ya....

"The hardware of the iPad 2 is hardly a game-changer. They didn’t upgrade their display from the first generation iPad (which always looked a little bit pixelated to me), though they did make it thinner and lighter. They added a front facing camera, a faster, dual-core processor, and the expected dose of cool buzz-words and trash talking of competitors"

Meanwhile Android tablets have better hardware specs, faster response time, WIDGETS, Flash, options for customization....should I continue?

On a side note.....the ipad one price is now under $500.....I think it's $399 now.

As far as the whole Apple and MAC discussion. I will refrain from engaging. I am a PC and I will leave it at that. I don't believe it getting raped by my manufacturer when I need support. I know my customers enjoy the much cheaper rates they receive when obtaining support for their PC's.....but I do like the inflated rate I can charge those poor MAC souls....and to think I am still cheaper than your MAC store.

#135 nerdslogic, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. kennyc

kennyc Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +64
    So much for refraining from the discussion.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8

7. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    lol....ok Hook....you have found my weakness....what is your debate? I wasn't lying....our prices have been and most likely always will be twice as high if you have a MAC.

I don't know why.....I HATE talking MAC vs PC....but I simply can't avoid it....even if I say I am going to avoid it I still engage. It's horrible.

8. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +64
  9. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    they actually give a lot of credit....to a degree. They don't really knock the Ipad....much

10. OneTenderRebel

Ratings:
    +64
    Yeah I read it, still don't agree with their initial thoughts but I think they were correct on the pricing. I hope the price of the iPad does have a ripple effect on the Android tablet market. It actually was pleasantly surprising to see Apple keep the same price for the iPad2.

11. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I just read the Android Police article too. And to me it seemed alot more unbiased than some pro Apple articles out there. And really on point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.