1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

i returned my xoom

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by ILUVDROID, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ILUVDROID

ILUVDROID New Member

i bought an ipad 2. i diddnt like the xoom and honeycomb. I love android to death on phones but i cant stand android tablets.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

To each their own. As long as you end up with something you enjoy it's all good.
  3. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Yup. They are all great devices.....
  4. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

I did the same thing, but didn't feel like waiting in line with my 2year old for 2hrs...so I bailed on the ipad2, I'm still waiting. But I actually miss my Xoom and will most likely get it back. I just wanted to make sure it was the right choice before dropping $800.

Xoom/ipad2 is supposed to be a replacement for my laptop, I just don't think in the long run the iPad2 can do it. Xoom will be updated and bugs fixed, and customs roms will make it even better. I think just convinced myself to go back and get the Xoom.
  5. curtisboon

curtisboon New Member

I really had no idea this decision would be this difficult. Neither one are close to perfect and both have pretty significant weakness. I just hope the Xooms are updated soon to fix the bugs, make the colors brighter, etc. Every review I see, the ipad's colors look so much richer. The lack of flash just pisses me off to no end. That's my biggest complaint with apple. The best thing to do would to buy neither and just wait for the next ones....but waiting is probably not going to happen.
  6. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx New Member

I have both the xoom and a 32gb ipad wifi. I have been going between the two devices and haven't yet stuck with one. I love how thin and easy it is to hold the ipad however I just love browsing the internet on the xoom. I will have easily over 5 tabs open everytime I get on the browser. On the ipad its a pain to have that many windows open.
  7. curtisboon

curtisboon New Member

Are there not apps on the Ipad2 that allows tab browsing?
  8. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

How is it a pain to have tab open? You just hit that one on screen button and it displays previews of all your tabs....I don't see the difficulty.

The xoom just seems so big and clunky next to the ipad....and isn't there an app to use flash on the ipad?

Wish there were a 10inch nook.
  9. fox_dye

fox_dye New Member

HTML5 really is the future of the internet and flash is the past. I got to give it to apple for sticking with it and pretty much forcing content distributors to switch by not including flash. But it is kind of stupid for them not to since its the industry standard right now. I would already have a xoom if my wife didn't have the keys to the bank account. Lol but both devices have their pluses and minuses. To each their own. Plus till these things get cheaper im stuck with my hp dm3.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....
  10. jfran2

jfran2 New Member

I've had my Xoom for two weeks now, and bought it as a replacement for my dying Acer laptop. I have not yet even been tempted to open the laptop. There are still some things I haven't figured out how to do yet (like a Distribution List in my Email) but for the most part, I'm finding the Xoom an excellent replacement. I love the portability and being able to connect from anywhere. I only wish I were better at typing on a glass keyboard!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
  11. sik

sik New Member

Yea would never return my xoom actually thinking about returning my bolt because I use the xoom so much
  12. curtisboon

curtisboon New Member

So are ipads/iphones equipped to handle HTML5?
  13. BasilofBakerStreet

BasilofBakerStreet New Member

Lol my Droid just sleeps most often because I just got my XOOM. Now my only problem is getting my gf to quit playing Angry birds long enough to use it. The only complaint I would have is the keyboard. I thought we were getting the new one made by that company they bought up.

Edit: Swiftkey is what I was thinking of.
    Edit: you can sign up to beta test it at their site. FYI

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  14. cplus

cplus New Member

I returned mine too. I felt ripped off because the OS is soo lacking and unfinished and buggy. I won't buy another Motorola [still have and LOVE LOVE LOVE my OG Droid though] device for this reason that they rushed it at the expense of their customers. I guess I could/should have seen it coming though. At least I didn't have to pay the restocking fee and I did pick up a 64GB White iPad2 that I am really enjoying. The browser still lacks on some websites but at least it doesn't crash and lose all of my tabs all the time. It is truly amazing to me that everybody is soo far behind apple. It's too bad because I really want a worthy alternative but this thing is really pretty great.. Battery life beats the xoom quite significantly. There is room to hold it by the bezel where the xoom seems like you are supposed to set it down always. I can seriously go on. Anyway.. I'll be watching things as they develop for Honey Comb but for now I really enjoy having hardware and software that is not in beta stage. It doesn't seem right to charge people full price for what the product is SUPPOSED to be or MIGHT be someday instead of what it actually is. I'm afraid in my opinion, every current xoom owner has been ripped off. Not cool.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  15. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I returned mine too, but I will be picking up the WiFi only Xoom as soon as it drops - I just couldn't justify the extra $300 for something that I will never use...
  16. brock.overcash

brock.overcash New Member

That's what I plan to do

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  17. Haloman800

Haloman800 New Member

@sik use it for what exactly? I can't justify buying one just because it can do less than half what a PC can...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  18. 10roller

10roller New Member

Thr xoom will be able to greatly improve once HC AOSP is released.. its nice already but will get better.

My Gtab is awesome once loaded with a custom ROM. The tegra 2 is great, just wait til Google and nvidia release the code.
    And my fav keyboard
    [​IMG]
  19. nolanandy

nolanandy New Member

I had a chance to touch the Xoom over the weekend at Costco. I think I will skip this version for now. It's kind a heavy, the touch UI is not that click as I have seen on the iPad, the speaker is built on the back which is kind a weird when you play a song or play game on it, its sound made the device vibrates (not a good idea specially for kids and the elderlies. I can see why people are into the iPad2 more than a Xoom. I want to see what the Playbook has before making decision to get the iPad2. I have a feeling that the Playbook won't be released until this summer, not March for sure. RIMM is taking notes on the Xoom....
  20. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Very true. I don't like the way this was distributed, they should have released a wifi version immediately.