Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by patfactorx, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    And you always hear from some folks that specs dont matter when it comes to iDevices...

If specs didnt matter, why would anyone with an iPad 1 dump it and get an iPad 2?

2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Because it has a 2 attached to the end of it it HAS to be better : )

A cliche comes to mind. Apple could sell ice to an eskimo

Sent from my Droid

3. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    So before the iPad 2 is even released, people are saying they should hold off for the even newer version? When September comes around people will say hold off for the iPad 4 in March...

You can get most of that by jailbreaking in a matter of minutes. Even the iPad 2 @ $499 is reasonable compared to the overpriced Xoom.

4. maslan

maslan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Newton - where did you get that background? Love that. :)

5. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Why the long drawn out discussion about this, if you like ipad/2 then you should purchase and enjoy...same goes for a zoom.

I don't understand all the animosity.

I think all three are useful, each has benefits and weaknesses, each targeted at different types of individuals.

6. thedefectkid

thedefectkid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My real question is how long is it gunna take til' the white ipad2 comes out hahaha

7. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I guess noone wants to give credit to Apple for releasing a dual-core product that actually has the os to utilize dual-cores...

Also, someone pointed out the resolution... literally EVERYTIME I say "the iPhone 4 still has the best resolution screen" every fandroid says "resolution doesn't matter, human eyes can't notice the difference"... now that the Xoom has a higher res screen than the iPad2 it becomes "ZOMGS DA ANDROYDS REZ IZ CRZY GOOD! APPLEZ SUXORS!!!"

The iPad2 is the biggest win Apple has had since.... well since their last major release, the iPhone 4. It will not only be the number 1 tablet this year, it will gut Xoom sales with just it's announcement.

8. kennyc

kennyc Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The sales numbers wont lie, and they never have. We already know courtesy of Dan Mead, that the vPhone had the most successful phone launch in history, and it's pretty obvious (to everyone but fandroids) that the iPad2 is going to outsell every other android tablet probably combined.

I do agree that it's funny that suddenly the resolution is being bought up as a selling point, when just weeks ago retina display and resolution were just "marketing ploys, and no one can notice the difference..."

There's nothing wrong with loving android (i do) but downplaying apple's contributions are silly. And silliness runs amok here...

10. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Right, I guess no one remembers how iFans downplayed resolution on other phones before the iPhone 4...

A few Win Mo and Android phones had higher res than iPhones before the iPhone 4.

So please...

And about outselling, yea it will. Every iDevice sold has out sold since its been released. Guess what? Android must be doing something right compared to other mobile OS's cuz ppl are still getting Android phones.

iDevices selling like mad hasnt killed Android's growth.

#154 jroc, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  11. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Spell check, it's your friend. :D

Tell me about it. But we're the blind fanboys. Right.

Try harder.

#155 jkhonea, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
  12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I can't speak for UNC, but my point was that it's silly to tout a feature for one, and downplay the same feature for the other. It doesn't matter if you can notice a difference or not. If iFans did that, they're just as silly as the fandroids who do it.

We have people screaming "dual cores!!!!" on the 4g phones but now that Apple has a dual core, not one mention about the processor is given by a fandroid. Rather we're focusing on the XOOM's resolution, the same thing that people were saying doesn't matter as far as iPhone vs Droid phones.

I like having fair discussions, not ones where you pick and choose what makes your phone "better" than the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.