Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dual core tablet, lighter, thinner and a LOT cheaper. I think iPad 2 just demolished Xoom sales for the rest of the year

and best of all....there is almost no other difference between this "new" ipad and the "old" one.....what an insult to "new" or upgraded. Aren't v2's supposed to be way better than v1's?

Here's a quote for ya....

"The hardware of the iPad 2 is hardly a game-changer. They didn’t upgrade their display from the first generation iPad (which always looked a little bit pixelated to me), though they did make it thinner and lighter. They added a front facing camera, a faster, dual-core processor, and the expected dose of cool buzz-words and trash talking of competitors"

Meanwhile Android tablets have better hardware specs, faster response time, WIDGETS, Flash, options for customization....should I continue?

On a side note.....the ipad one price is now under $500.....I think it's $399 now.

As far as the whole Apple and MAC discussion. I will refrain from engaging. I am a PC and I will leave it at that. I don't believe it getting raped by my manufacturer when I need support. I know my customers enjoy the much cheaper rates they receive when obtaining support for their PC's.....but I do like the inflated rate I can charge those poor MAC souls....and to think I am still cheaper than your MAC store.

So much for refraining from the discussion.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as the whole Apple and MAC discussion. I will refrain from engaging. I am a PC and I will leave it at that. I don't believe it getting raped by my manufacturer when I need support. I know my customers enjoy the much cheaper rates they receive when obtaining support for their PC's.....but I do like the inflated rate I can charge those poor MAC souls....and to think I am still cheaper than your MAC store.

Well, you got one part correct although I didn't quote it. The iPad is 399.00 at Best Buy now.

As far as everything else goes Mr. PC, you really don't know very much at all. And since you are refraining from speaking on it :rolleyes: I don't expect you'll debate that with me.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....ok Hook....you have found my weakness....what is your debate? I wasn't lying....our prices have been and most likely always will be twice as high if you have a MAC.

I don't know why.....I HATE talking MAC vs PC....but I simply can't avoid it....even if I say I am going to avoid it I still engage. It's horrible.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
they actually give a lot of credit....to a degree. They don't really knock the Ipad....much

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
they actually give a lot of credit....to a degree. They don't really knock the Ipad....much
Yeah I read it, still don't agree with their initial thoughts but I think they were correct on the pricing. I hope the price of the iPad does have a ripple effect on the Android tablet market. It actually was pleasantly surprising to see Apple keep the same price for the iPad2.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just read the Android Police article too. And to me it seemed alot more unbiased than some pro Apple articles out there. And really on point.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

geoff5093

Reaction score
I agree I have a iPad and love it main reason is the apps plain and simple they are a level above. The games are so polished it's insane and jail breaking takes 2 min and Cydia bring it to the next level.

Ipad2 looks good not sure it's worth selling my iPad to upgrade as I don't need or want FaceTime but the gyroscope would be nice.

Its rumored that the iPad 3 could come this September so unless you REALLY need to upgrade I would hold out. Plus, by then there should be WAY more tablets on the market so you will have many more options.
So before the iPad 2 is even released, people are saying they should hold off for the even newer version? When September comes around people will say hold off for the iPad 4 in March...

Dual core tablet, lighter, thinner and a LOT cheaper. I think iPad 2 just demolished Xoom sales for the rest of the year

and best of all....there is almost no other difference between this "new" ipad and the "old" one.....what an insult to "new" or upgraded. Aren't v2's supposed to be way better than v1's?

Here's a quote for ya....

"The hardware of the iPad 2 is hardly a game-changer. They didn’t upgrade their display from the first generation iPad (which always looked a little bit pixelated to me), though they did make it thinner and lighter. They added a front facing camera, a faster, dual-core processor, and the expected dose of cool buzz-words and trash talking of competitors"

Meanwhile Android tablets have better hardware specs, faster response time, WIDGETS, Flash, options for customization....should I continue?

On a side note.....the ipad one price is now under $500.....I think it's $399 now.

You can get most of that by jailbreaking in a matter of minutes. Even the iPad 2 @ $499 is reasonable compared to the overpriced Xoom.

maslan

Reaction score
First off I gotta say, I got my first ever Mac (MacBook Pro 15" w/ Core i7) about 6 months ago and I love it to death. I'll never own another Windows machine because I love the operating system and the hardware, but I do dual boot Windows 7 just because sometimes its necessary.

I see what you're saying about the bootloaders and what not, but thats usually not Google's doing. As a matter of fact, the reason that the original Droid and the XOOM have unencrypted bootloaders is because Google was directly involved.

I just feel like Apple doesn't appreciate competition. They would much prefer that everyone did things their way and everything go according to their plan.

I just think they are authoritarian.

True, well I can respect that. By the way, I don't dislike Google in the slightest. I am still a proud owner of my Droid 1 a true Google device. I just used them to illustrate one of my points. I also don't dislike Apple. I seem to like both sides of the coin, call it an identity crisis if you will, haha. :)

I like Apple's products, I just don't like their business practices. And I also dislike how many of their customers have the "I'm better than you" attitude.

Check out my desktop, it's irony at its best.

Newton - where did you get that background? Love that. :)

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Why the long drawn out discussion about this, if you like ipad/2 then you should purchase and enjoy...same goes for a zoom.

I don't understand all the animosity.

I think all three are useful, each has benefits and weaknesses, each targeted at different types of individuals.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
My real question is how long is it gunna take til' the white ipad2 comes out hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.