iOS Music Controls On Your Android Wear

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you have somehow bought into the Crapple Icrud phones, but have seen the light when it comes to Android Wear you may be happy to know that developer "MohammedAG" has been working pretty hard on getting Android and iOS pairing working for Android Wear. Lately he has been able to achieve notification mirroring, battery notifications, and music playback control. This means you can now control the music playback from your iphone on your Android Wear! This should be released soon. You can see it in action in the youtube video above.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
But who wants this? I mean, if you're holding an iPhone, wouldn't you want the iWatch? And if you're wearing an Android Wear watch, wouldn't you want an Android phone? To me this is nothing more than proof of concept and maybe a good smack in the face to Apple but really serves little purpose.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But who wants this? I mean, if you're holding an iPhone, wouldn't you want the iWatch? And if you're wearing an Android Wear watch, wouldn't you want an Android phone? To me this is nothing more than proof of concept and maybe a good smack in the face to Apple but really serves little purpose.
I can really see the possibility of crossing platforms. Some might prefer their iPhone but want a round watch. Some may be using their old iPhone as an iPod they way I used my Inc for a music player until Verizon sent it a update that caused it to bootloop itself into destruction (death by bootloop). Some may have a spouse or significant other that likes their AW watch but prefers an iPhone 6+ over a carrier and manufacturer bloated Note4 or S5.
My wife is thinking of getting a Fitbit. An LG G watch that'd control her iPhone? I think she'd prefer the Zen or 360 though but it'd have to sync with her iPhone and be NOT $350+ of the watch.
The more choices we have the more we can send a message to those wanting our dollars.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If you have somehow bought into the Crapple Icrud phones,

And hey, DroidModderX... we don't need to stoop to the fanboi level and name call around here. We rise above that.
Amirite?!? :D

I have to admit I was surprised after Apple Watch was released and I checked out the Apple forums to see what they were saying. I was surprised that a few of those people actually DO have Android Wear watches...
Google really dropped the ball. If Pebble can do it, why not Android? These should have shipped with support for Apple.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I guess I was putting too much faith into the deep religious beliefs of the way of the Apple. Perhaps there are a few of them out there (@PereDroid ) who do cross-platform but I still think it's the minuscule minority. I don't know of one person who sports a iPhone that doesn't look at me like I have two heads when they see my Android phone, and my Android watch.

I can't tell you how many times already I've been asked about my Moto 360 "is that the new Apple watch???" and you can't even buy it yet. SMH Most Apple fans (@PereDroid excepted), are oblivious to the rest of the world when it comes to anything that Apple makes it seems. They own the iMac and MacBook Air, the iPad, the iPhone, the iPod, the iWhatever. I love when they say how much they hate working in Windows at work and how they can't wait to get home to their Mac.

Anyway, if the developer wants to build an app that lets the Android Wear platform talk to the Apple iPhone, more power to him. He may sell a few dozen, a few hundred, maybe even hundred thousand copies, who knows... What you won't see me doing is going out and getting an iPhone to use with my Moto 360, nor will you see me getting an Apple watch to use with my Droid Turbo.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No argument there. I have to admit I was shocked when people on the Macrumors forum said they had an Android watch. Only a couple but even I was thinking "What for?!?!?!"

TapaTurbo

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And hey, DroidModderX... we don't need to stoop to the fanboi level and name call around here. We rise above that.
Amirite?!? :D

I have to admit I was surprised after Apple Watch was released and I checked out the Apple forums to see what they were saying. I was surprised that a few of those people actually DO have Android Wear watches...
Google really dropped the ball. If Pebble can do it, why not Android? These should have shipped with support for Apple.

I just say "Crapple Cryphone" to be funny. I actually have an Ipad and do most all my writing and video editing on a MacBook Pro LoL