There’s now a YouTube app for Android Wear

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
YouTube comes to Android Wear

"It might seem ridiculous, but it’s not the stupidest idea in the world. Video for Android Wear and YouTube allows you to search for videos using your voice and then beam them to your Chromecast-equipped television, so your watch can function as a wrist-based remote control".

Read more HERE

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
been using it a few day...it is a nice little app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Been a while since I watched a YouTube video while wearing my watch, but doesn't it already offer controls like it does for Music on the watch?

I'm just not sold on watching a video on this tiny screen when I've got the Note 4 in my pocket and a Nexus 7 in my bedside table, both of which have sound.

Sure, it's a neat party trick, but there comes a point when you go beyond so far fetched that it's cool to so far fetched that it's ridiculous. Haha

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I watched a YouTube video while wearing my watch, but doesn't it already offer controls like it does for Music on the watch?

I'm just not sold on watching a video on this tiny screen when I've got the Note 4 in my pocket and a Nexus 7 in my bedside table, both of which have sound.

Sure, it's a neat party trick, but there comes a point when you go beyond so far fetched that it's cool to so far fetched that it's ridiculous. Haha
They lost me at trying to use a small screen. I've got the ability on my S and find it to be a head scratcher. Tiny screen and tiny sound. Right up there with viewing photos in my watch's gallery.
Yeah I could use a headset for the sound but I'd still need a magnifying glass for the video part.
But that's just the opinion of a 51 year olds eyes and ears.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I want a Front Facing Camera so I can do Video Chat on my Watch. Then were Talking! lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think some of you missed the part where you could stream YouTube to your CHromecast and use your watch as a remote.
I'd personally still rather use the phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think some of you missed the part where you could stream YouTube to your CHromecast and use your watch as a remote.
I'd personally still rather use the phone.
Nah. I chose to ignore that part because I would also rather use the phone. Still, I know when I watched a movie on Google Play from my phone over the Chromecast, I had some remote control features right on the watch. I assumed YouTube already had similar.