Interesting Post I thought I would Share!!

leonozug

Reaction score
I'm betting the Bionic will probably have the same processor as the Droid 3 but have 1 Gig of DDR2 RAM...but just like the Atrix, half will be for the webtop. A disappointment if you ask me. Hopefully they will bump up the processor speed a bit more, but then the QHd screen is definitely a turn off. Galaxy S II PLEASE come to Verizon. I'm begging you. lol

First time I've heard of higher resolution being a bad thing...

I've tried the X2. It looks awful, very pixilated. I like my DX's screen much better. Just because it's higher resolution doesn't mean it's better. It's brighter and you can see it better in daylight. That's about it. Nothing special.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'm betting the Bionic will probably have the same processor as the Droid 3 but have 1 Gig of DDR2 RAM...but just like the Atrix, half will be for the webtop. A disappointment if you ask me. Hopefully they will bump up the processor speed a bit more, but then the QHd screen is definitely a turn off. Galaxy S II PLEASE come to Verizon. I'm begging you. lol

I've tried the X2. It look awful, very pixilated. I like my DX's screen much better. Just because it's higher resolution doesn't mean it's better. It's brighter and you can see it better in the sun. That's about it. Nothing special.

Though its probably pentile, I don't think they all will look the same as the X2.
I used the D3 at my VZW store, and it doesn't look bad at all.

It looks good, to be honest.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've tried the X2. It look awful, very pixilated. I like my DX's screen much better. Just because it's higher resolution doesn't mean it's better. It's brighter and you can see it better in the sun. That's about it. Nothing special.

You're getting your information confused. qHD is different from the pentile screen used on the DX2, D3, and Bionic. qHD is the resolution (960 by 540) and the pentile screen is what Moto uses to achieve this. Only Moto uses the pentile, HTC uses another screen that isn't pentile that has the qHD resolution.

You are saying you don't like the pentile but you're not saying you don't like the resolution. The brightness comes from the pentile screen, not the resolution.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I think so too. Probably meant 1.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yeah there is no way the Bionic has a 5MP FFC.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

It was said that it is not a type-o. This guy is Claiming it will have a 5mp FFC.If it is true Motorola is really stepping up the game...

Just wondering, does anyone even use there Front Camera? lol

Instead of that, they should up the processor a bit.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I think a 5mp ffc is pretty damn cool, you can skype with it, or you can be like Congressman Weiner and....nevermind

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Yeah there is no way the Bionic has a 5MP FFC.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

It was said that it is not a type-o. This guy is Claiming it will have a 5mp FFC.If it is true Motorola is really stepping up the game...

It has no use unless your friends have FFC. It does not need to be 5mp though. 1.3 is good 2.0 is better 5.0 is over kill!!!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think a 5mp ffc is pretty damn cool, you can skype with it, or you can be like Congressman Weiner and....nevermind

You can skype with a 1.3MP camera or a 2MP camera too and get the same results. The app you use has to support the resolution so it doesn't matter if the camera is 1.3 or 5MP.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I would use the 5mp ffc to take pictures of my son and I making stupid faces.

:p

*customized tapatalk signature*

Oxymoron

Reaction score
P.s. thanks for the post Preach, I appreciate how much effort you put in to bring anything new, Bionic related.

*customized tapatalk signature*

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why ppl still think half the ram is reserved for webtop ....even when its not being used.

Wouldnt it be like using VM software like VMWare? I can allocate x amount of ram to the guest from the host when the VM is in use. But when its not in use, it gets kicked back to the host.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I'm curious why ppl still think half the ram is reserved for webtop ....even when its not being used.

Wouldnt it be like using VM software like VMWare? I can allocate x amount of ram to the guest from the host when the VM is in use. But when its not in use, it gets kicked back to the host.

It is not!!! It was a rumor that is not true!!!

That is what I believed until I read on XDA forums is that it is not true!!!

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Looking for the post.. I will post the link when I find it

Here is one of the Links:[STICKY] [FAQ] Official Atrix "Ask A Dev" & FAQ Thread (Last Update: 05/31/2011) - xda-developers

More Links:
How about a 'Motorola Atrix' webtop dock? - xda-developers The webtop mode is actually linux (albeit Limited) itself which launches once u place the atrix in the dock or use the webtop hack. it allows u to have an open window of your phone on your screen. it doesn't just mirror what is already there.

bit more info on how it looks here
[MOD] Full Ubuntu on the Atrix (now fully automated: 4.1.26/4.1.52) - xda-developers

bigdad63

Reaction score

It has no use unless your friends have FFC. It does not need to be 5mp though. 1.3 is good 2.0 is better 5.0 is over kill!!!

You will be able to take much better self and group portraits and if you post videos to facebook or similar sites, the video will be of a much higher quality.