Interesting ATT announcement.. ha ha ha ha

n0cturne74

Reaction score
SF and NYC are the only cities that have 3G coverage aren't they? I can see how this could be hard on their network :tongue:

OP
D

droidwannabe

Reaction score

darreno1

Reaction score
I think after Steve Jobs lowers his trousers and they go to town on him, AT&T will retain their right to be the exclusive carrier for the iPhone and it will be business as usual. I don't see Verizon picking them up to be honest. For one, I doubt Apple is going to budge in terms of control, and secondly, given their sales numbers, they can very well stay where they are and sail for a few more years. It's not like the die hard Apple fans are going to leave. I'll be happy as there'll be less stress on the Verizon network and even more opportunity for Android to expand.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think after Steve Jobs lowers his trousers and they go to town on him, AT&T will retain their right to be the exclusive carrier for the iPhone and it will be business as usual. I don't see Verizon picking them up to be honest. For one, I doubt Apple is going to budge in terms of control, and secondly, given their sales numbers, they can very well stay where they are and sail for a few more years. It's not like the die hard Apple fans are going to leave. I'll be happy as there'll be less stress on the Verizon network and even more opportunity for Android to expand.

Verizon is not going to hop into the same bed with Apple. They are dealing with Google. The lines in the sand are clearly defined.

boatman2220

Reaction score
With the attack on IPhone and ATT by Verizon, Google, and the makers of Android phones. It hasn't been Blue Skies for them. Now their own customers are ready to revolt. What's taken them so long is what I've often wondered? Does this mean people are starting to notice the shortcomings.

jrl9851

Reaction score
My cousin works at ATT and he told me that a few years back ATT sold over half of their 3g towers to verizon and t-mobile for a quick profit.

I love how it's backfiring on them now.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Would that be breach of contract and grounds for terminating your contract with AT&T?

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Would that be breach of contract and grounds for terminating your contract with AT&T?

Well the customers or at least one extremely well known blogger isn't taking it lying down.

AT&T's network could be powned this Friday starting at noon PST

Slashdot Apple Story | Angry AT&T Customers May Disrupt Service

The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : AT&T: Chokehold is “irresponsible and pointless”

More than likely if they could prove you were being deliberate. It would be very difficult to do that I would imagine.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Verizon is not going to hop into the same bed with Apple. They are dealing with Google. The lines in the sand are clearly defined.

My name is cereal killer and I support this message

coolkidd

Reaction score
If AT&T wants NYC to cut their Data usage, they might as well cut their Data Charges? Don't you think?

ltfrakes

Reaction score
I don't think Apple will put up with AT&T much longer. They needed an entry point for their i-phone, and the honeymoon is long over. I think Apple will make their next gen phone entry a non-exclusive to carrier phone.