Interesting ATT announcement.. ha ha ha ha

rodolo

Reaction score
The 2 most techie cities in USA can't keep up to data usage? LOL

G

godanigo

Nice. I live in SF and everyone and their mom has an iPhone. That'll be just dandy.

intense

Reaction score
This is exactly the reason why I want to switch from an iPhone to a Droid. The AT&T network, it's terrible. (and other reasons as well, but the main reason is the horrible AT&T network)

marcfogel

Reaction score
This is exactly the reason why I want to switch from an iPhone to a Droid. The AT&T network, it's terrible. (and other reasons as well, but the main reason is the horrible AT&T network)

Well if AT&T changes their TOS, you can get out of the contract without a fee. I switched to a Droid and am canceling my AT&T account. I can sell my iPhone to cover the cost of the Droid and the ETF.

HeroNova

Reaction score

Well if AT&T changes their TOS, you can get out of the contract without a fee. I switched to a Droid and am canceling my AT&T account. I can sell my iPhone to cover the cost of the Droid and the ETF.

If they continue to ask, and maybe force people to lessen their data use, I would think that they would have to change their TOS to accommodate those who aren't satisfied because ATT can't pull it together.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Can't wait to see a Verizon commercial in response to that...

I don't think they will. If AT&T can get away with this VZW may follow.

As crappy as AT&T is, VZW are not saints, but a lot better than AT&T.

Remember, VZW just upped their ETF to 350.00

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
this could cause a chain of bad events. I hope it doesn't happen, but it's funny that AT&T can't even handle the mass amount of data users.

If AT&T gets away with this, all the other carriers will be effected by this too some how

marcfogel

Reaction score
this could cause a chain of bad events. I hope it doesn't happen, but it's funny that AT&T can't even handle the mass amount of data users.

If AT&T gets away with this, all the other carriers will be effected by this too some how

I think they oversold their network. This is the equivalent of AOL in 90's when you could not dial in to get connected. busy signal after busy signal.

HeroNova

Reaction score

I think they oversold their network. This is the equivalent of AOL in 90's when you could not dial in to get connected. busy signal after busy signal.

Good point. I remember that. It took like 15-20 minutes just to sign on at times.