Interesting about the Palm Pre 2

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I've noticed the Palm Pre 2 will actually have some pretty awesome specs (Despite its screen size).

Palm Pre 2 Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications
Datasheet:Views: 2165 views since addition of datasheet (October 20, 2010) Datasheet;State: Preliminary specifications Expected:Release-Date: November, 2010 Predecessor;Model: Palm Pre Plus (Palm Castle C) Dimensions: 59.6 x 100.7 x 16.9 millimetres Mass: 145 grams (battery included) Software-Environment

Embedded:Operating:System: HP webOS 2.0
Browse devices running this OS Microprocessor,_Chipset

CPU_Clock: 1000 MHz CPU: Texas Instruments OMAP 3630
Browse devices based on this microprocessor Memory,-Storage+capacity

RAM+capacity: 512 MiB ROM+capacity: 15.2 GiB (accessible: 14.6 GiB) Display

Display;Type: color transflective TFT , 16777216 scales Display:Diagonal: 3.1 " Display+Resolution: 320 x 480 Sound

Microphone(s): mono Loudspeaker(s): mono Audio+Output: 3.5mm Cellular;Phone

Cellular_Networks: CDMA800, CDMA1900 Cellular:Data+Links: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A Call:Alert: 64 -chord melody Vibrating:Alert: Supported Speakerphone_: Supported Control;Peripherals

Positioning+Device: Multi-touch screen Primary_Keyboard: Slide-out QWERTY-type keyboard Directional+Pad: 5 -way Scroll;Wheel: Not supported Interfaces

Expansion;Slots: Not supported USB: USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s
micro-USB Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless+LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g Infrared-Gate: Not supported Multimedia;Telecommunication

Analog-Radio+Receiver: Not supported Digital+Media_Broadcast+Tuner: Not supported Satellite-Navigation

Built-in;GPS-module: Supported Complementary-GPS:Services: Assisted GPS, Geotagging Built-in;Digital_Camera

Main;Camera: 4.9 MP Optical;Zoom: 1 x Built-in_Flash: mobile light (LED) Additional-Details

Built-in:accelerometer: Supported Battery: removable
Nice to know its coming out on some pretty decent hardware for once. I honestly hope it comes up and competes against Android better, only because competition in the realm will only make us (the end user) have a much better device and experience.

Too bad their screen size is staying so small.

nathanpc

Reaction score
Seriously, I hate WebOS, it's the great fail of Palm. I still have a Palm T|X, that's an awesome OS, Palm OS, not this WebOS thing

dan.dar

Reaction score
Sorry to bring thread from the dead, but I just bought Droid 1 from ebay to switch from WebOS Palm Pre Plus (ok, see if I can live with the droid, then switch) and the reason is simply the apps. The developer support is like night and day on the Android platform.

WebOS has a great ui, simple to learn and master, looks good and is extremely easy to multitask on. Its problem is the crappy hardware (3.1" screen doesn't belong on a flagship device) and the lack of apps.

As far as multitasking, I'm not sure how it's supported (if at all without tab-supporting browser) to have multiple websites running (say check prices on one, order tickets on another, check that your received confirmation in email without closing the website), also have an open calendar and a paused game (or few games like say angry birds and chess) in the background. It's all done seamlessly on webos and I'm not sure it's at all possible on Android phone hence seeing if I can live with one.

So I bought the Droid on ebay and will take it for an extended test drive :D Hopefully Android can do most of these things and I'm sure from the pics on this board that I can configure the phone to look much nicer than what you see in the store. I'm sure to also enjoy the apps. I've always wanted shazam and shopsavvy. I also can finally get a nice coloring app for my daughter to play with.