Samsung Sending Out Galaxy Note 2 Press Event Invitations

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsungn2.jpg

Samsung has begun sending out save the dates for the unveiling of "the next big thing". The event is scheduled for October 24th at 7:00 p.m. in New York City. The Galaxy Note 2 will most likely be the main focus of the event, but other devices may get stage time as well. The Galaxy Note 2 has already launched in South Korea and is planned to be released in 128 countries on 260 carriers. The new phablet is expected to land in the U.S. and U.K. sometime in October on Verizon, T-Mobile, At&t, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. If you haven't already, check out the Galaxy Note 2's impressive specs below.

- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display with 1280 x 720 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Size: 80 x 151.1 x 9.4mm thin – thinner than its predecessor
- Weight: 180 grams
- 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32/64GB on-board memory
- microSDHC support of up to 64GB of additional storage
- 8-megapixel rear-camera with Auto Focus, LED flash and HD video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- HSPA+ support
- 4G LTE connectivity (in selected markets)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct
- USB 2.0 support
- A-GPS and Glonass support
- 3,100mAh removable battery with faster charging – bigger capacity than its predecessor
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board out of the box with TouchWiz UI on top
- Redesigned S-Pen: wider and longer to offer better grip. The stylus now has a rubber tip to offer an experience more similar to pen and paper
- Colors: Marble White and Titanium Grey

We'll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. Until then let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Android Authority

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
How many next big things are there? Ridiculous.

right, apparently everything samsung releases is the next big thing. It was a clever marketing ploy, now it's just getting old.

although I will say this is an extremely attractive device to me.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's like Apple saying "The best iPhone yet". No sh*t it's the best iPhone yet, or in this case the next big thing. WHAT DID YOU THINK, A NEW PHONE IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE LAST??

JoeyJ

Reaction score
This is my top contender for my upgrade in April or HTC's 5inch phone depending on if it has a stylus similar to the note. But also I am interested in the lumia camera since I travel a lot for work and sometimes get to sight see so I just use my phone for pics.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'd Like to see Side BySide with SIII

Does anyone know if any side by side pics are available with these 2 phones?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
They're a bit behind oppo. Oppo find 5 has a freakin' full HD 1080p screen. That's right, 1080x1920 screen on a 5' phablet.

I'd personally love to have either though, since they're both really high spec.

Breakfast beats worrying.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
They're a bit behind oppo. Oppo find 5 has a freakin' full HD 1080p screen. That's right, 1080x1920 screen on a 5' phablet.

Its 1920 x 1080 however its not the resolution so much as the screens ppi, a 720p screen with a higher ppi will look cleaner and sharper than a 1080p screen at a lower ppi.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

with that small battery and no prior experience... no thanks

the note 2 is the most advanced and has the most features of any phablet

its all about if u can deal with its large size.. that has its benefits of the huge screen

a "phone" that big I might think twice... but with the advanced s-pen and bigger battery its an easy decision for me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk