Intalled PURITY v2.4, love it but 2 major problems

sgregory111

Reaction score
As the titled says, I have installed Purity 2.4 on my rooted .893 droid and really do like it. I have also installed IC3br3ad.

When I use the camera, and try to view a picture I just took I get the message Media Gallery not installed. I have tried to work around this but with no luck.

Second, when I place the phone in the standard dock I get the message: "The application Smart Dock (process.com.motorola.smartdock) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Can anyone help me with these 2 seemingly unrelated items?

Android version 2.3.4
System version 5.7.893 XT875
Kernel 2.6.35.7-g68606e6
(P)URITY V2.4 IC3BR3AD

My previous rom was Liberty although I did have Th3ory before that.

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
What else have you flashed?? You should have the Blur Camera, and I have the dock working.

Just so I have the correct info... You are referring to Purity correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sgregory111

sgregory111

Reaction score
Yes I am talking Purity. I have wiped and re installed twice. During the initial install I had a problem and soft bricked my phone. I had to flash back to stock, root again, forever root and all of that.

Now all is working fine as far as I know except these 2 things.

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Yes I am talking Purity. I have wiped and re installed twice. During the initial install I had a problem and soft bricked my phone. I had to flash back to stock, root again, forever root and all of that.

Now all is working fine as far as I know except these 2 things.

I asked because that is the wrong camera. Purity comes with the AOSP cam. I double checked IC3BR3AD, and the package ia correct, but there was error in the first one before it was uploaded. Something is off.

:)

OP
sgregory111

sgregory111

Reaction score
I am going to start all over. installing Purity 2.3 now. Then reboot and let things settle down. Then install icebread. See if that helps. Any suggestions or thoughts you might have?

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I am going to start all over. installing Purity 2.3 now. Then reboot and let things settle down. Then install icebread. See if that helps. Any suggestions or thoughts you might have?

None ... Did you redownload them? I would. There has been no reports of the issues you are having.

Wipe everything on the base install... boot it. Reboot into CWR, Wipe Cache Dalvik ONLY and flash the Pak of your choice.

OP
sgregory111

sgregory111

Reaction score
Yes, I downloaded everything again. Thanks for taking the time to answer my posts. the fact is the Camera issue was mine. Your first post made me realize that was probably it. I tried to download the other camera, and it worked, but I have the problem I mentioned - media gallery not installed.

During my complete install process that I just completed I stopped after initial download of the purity rom and tested the camera, it worked fine. Problem 1 solved. Dock still had issues.

I then installed ic3br3ad. Dock issue resolved. :icon_ banana:

I think I am all okay at the moment. I am tempted to delete this thread because I don't want to confuse anyone, but on the other hand the moral of the story it all is working fine and if someone is having a problem it is probably something else they have done.

thanks for your help and all you have done for this rom. I don't donate often as I am a poor unemployed mainframe programmer, but perhaps I will!

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Yes, I downloaded everything again. Thanks for taking the time to answer my posts. the fact is the Camera issue was mine. Your first post made me realize that was probably it. I tried to download the other camera, and it worked, but I have the problem I mentioned - media gallery not installed.

During my complete install process that I just completed I stopped after initial download of the purity rom and tested the camera, it worked fine. Problem 1 solved. Dock still had issues.

I then installed ic3br3ad. Dock issue resolved. :icon_ banana:

I think I am all okay at the moment. I am tempted to delete this thread because I don't want to confuse anyone, but on the other hand the moral of the story it all is working fine and if someone is having a problem it is probably something else they have done.

thanks for your help and all you have done for this rom. I don't donate often as I am a poor unemployed mainframe programmer, but perhaps I will!

Great to hear it! :)