Installing rubix focused 1.9.5

Reaction score
So i just downloaded rubix focused 1.9.5 from the cwm rom manager and since ive only flashed a custom rom twice and it was on a D2G i was hoping someone can refresh on how on do this. I have the correct kernel (version 2.3.340) it says to have and in rooted, i backuped my current stock rom, so what next. I know i need to wipe data/cache first otherwise i will get stuck in a bootloop. So after i do that thru cwm, do i just hit install and thats it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Oh well i will have to get the new version. I just downloaded from cwm rom manager and 1.9.5 was the only version they had. Of course it may be cause i got the free version so it doesnt allow you to download as many roms. Where do the roms you download thru cwm rom manager, save to on your sdcard?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I think i just found it in a folder named www.sephtin.com. it has a folder named rubix in it and that has a file names rubix.js. So I'm assuming thats it...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, thats the one. Not sure why its a .js though o_O I assume thats just a format for cwm to recognize.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yea i was wondering that myself. But anyways, im gonna delete it and download rubix focused 2.0.1. So once i do that, i just boot into cwm, click wipe data/cache and then click on install .zip from sd card, find the file and select it and then it installs, reboots and then im done, right?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for verifying for me. I'm comfortable doing anythig with my phone now since i made it thru the hell of sbf'ing my D2G last week, that was a lil intense and for a second there i thought i ruined the phone lol but i figured it all out. Now i can go on and help others and spread the education!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol your welcome. Thats how i learned, and i was sure i had killed my phone for good the first time i bootlooped. Luckily i had saw the sbf and its been smooth sailing from there :)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I LOVE emo/rock/screamo/hardcore music and I want to find some new bands. So can anyone tell me some names of some awesome emo bands?? Techno music will work also. Like Metro Station or The Medic Drod.

So completely off topic but ill answer anyways.....

We Came As Romans
Woe, Is Me
For The Fallen Dreams
For Today
Asking Alexandria
The Devil Wears Prada

I got alot more.... pm me if you want some of them

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I LOVE emo/rock/screamo/hardcore music and I want to find some new bands. So can anyone tell me some names of some awesome emo bands?? Techno music will work also. Like Metro Station or The Medic Drod.

Um for one, i dont listen to emo, just metal/death/hardcore,(i also listen to a lot of blues, and i love grunge and 90's alternative, among other things) but metal is my main music i listen to and thats the style my band plays(i play guitar, been playing for close to 10yrs) my gf is more into emo and secondly why are you posting that in the middle of my thread! Thanks for the spam......ANYWAYS, i ended up getting a bootloop too and for some reason i couldnt get my phone to get to the screen with the lil droid guy, that lets you wipe your data and return to factory settings, but after a few mins and one post detailing my freaking out, later, i got to the correct screen and wiped my data and then boom it worked. That whole experience made me almost smoke a whole pack of cigs in one sitting lol cause all i could think about is if i perma brick this phone, i wont be able to tradr it for the droid x i have now, and i dont have enough money to afford a new android phone, even a used one from ebay, let alone a new one at full price (which is like 600 or 700$ depending on the phone) so im gonba have to go back to my POS LG voyager that only worked on speaker phone haha it scared the **** outta me. But I'm glad it happened cause it was an awesome first hand learning experience and i troubleshot everything on my own cause i didnt want to sit there and wait for anyone to reply to my post. So after doing that, i feel comfortable about doing anything

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LOL i remember that post, was kinda funny (in a way) to read. Thats how i was when i had to sbf, was thinking "oh god, i hope this works..... i dont want to go back to my crappy Alias 1 that the keyboard is about to fall off of" (its hanging by like 2 little bitty pieces of plastic and thats it). Also had the "my moms gonna kill me if she finds out" thing.....

btw, emo isnt a genre. Neither is screamo for that matter.....

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score

So completely off topic but ill answer anyways.....

We Came As Romans
Woe, Is Me
For The Fallen Dreams
For Today
Asking Alexandria
The Devil Wears Prada

I got alot more.... pm me if you want some of them

I dont like most of those but We Came As Romans and For the Fallen Dreams (especially the first album) are hella badass bands. I listen to alot of veil of maya, august burns red, volumes, necrophagist, psycroptic, deftones (deftones is my all time favorite) those are some of my favs, i listen to a **** ton of bands tho, i have over 200gb of music.....great now im adding to my thread being hijacked lol

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
LOL i remember that post, was kinda funny (in a way) to read. Thats how i was when i had to sbf, was thinking "oh god, i hope this works..... i dont want to go back to my crappy Alias 1 that the keyboard is about to fall off of" (its hanging by like 2 little bitty pieces of plastic and thats it). Also had the "my moms gonna kill me if she finds out" thing.....
btw, emo isnt a genre. Neither is screamo for that matter.....

Yea, theb if you read that you know what i went thru, and i ended up fixing it before anyone even posted hahah. I was glad i could entertain you all, it was pretty friggn funny to ready, i felt a lil embarassed for being a dumbass but oh well, we alk have our moments and i was really stoned so that didnt help. But like i said it was a great learning process. But i got one more question, i just downloaded rubix focusex 2.0.1 from the official thread for that rom, i did it from my phone not pc, and so where on the sdcard does stuff like that usually save? And i dont have to unzip do i? Just hit install zip from sdcard in the cwm recovery mode?
Oh and i get what you mean by saying screamo and emo arent technically a genre but since places like myspace and itunes started calling iy a genre and those kind of bands used those tags to explain what genre they are, now everyone thinks it is. I cant stand emo, and its so stupid to call it that because all music has emotion in it, not just emo lol