Installing CM

HyperBRUIN

Reaction score
Hi. I just rooted and am new to the "scene". I'm not sure how to install Cyanogen and the Smoked Glass theme. I have ROM Manager Premium, but not sure if that's the best way to go about it. My question is, how do I install/flash this ROM onto my phone with the Smoked Glass theme and possibly a kernal?

Thank you in advance.:motdroidvert:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just rooted and am new to the "scene". I'm not sure how to install Cyanogen and the Smoked Glass theme. I have ROM Manager Premium, but not sure if that's the best way to go about it. My question is, how do I install/flash this ROM onto my phone with the Smoked Glass theme and possibly a kernal?

Thank you in advance.:motdroidvert:

Welcome! Rom Manager will provide a means of installing a number of roms including Cyanogen. RM includes ClockWork which will manage your backup (create and restore). Additionally, RM allows you to Flash an Alternate Recovery SPRecovery. SPR will manage your backups and install roms, themes, and kernels.

The choice is yours. Both SPR and Clock have a large following.

Do you have a preference?

Mike

definiteform

Reaction score
The easiest way would be to download the Droid Cyanogen build here and to get both the ROM and the Google add-on (When you choose the zip, do not hit okay. Choose Add to Zip to select the Google Addon Zip too). If you don't get the Google addon, you won't be able to get the "Google Experience" of syncing your accounts and such.

Once you're done with that, I'd also recommend making a backup of your phone through Rom Manager. Verify to make sure there aren't any force closes. This way, if you mess something up, you've got a good fresh Cyanogen to go back on.

Download the Smoked Glass theme here. To install, simply choose "Install ROM via SD Card" just like you did with Cyanogen and the Google Apps pack.

(Though, if you wanted my opinion on the neatest skin, I'd check out the REVOlution skin).

Last edited: