NEED HELP ASAP!! Goes to boot screen only

pokrfac

Reaction score
Connect the phone to your PC.

Complete all these steps:

1. Download a ROM from your PC and transfer to your SD Card (Your phone will be used as the USB storage)

2. Rename file to update.zip

3. After transferring, remove your phone and reboot, it will go back into clockwork recovery.

4. Install update.zip

5. Reboot

This exact thing happened to me twice.

how can I transfer files when I can't boot to mount it?

Connect your phone to the PC and see if your PC can read the phone as a drive. If so, we are in business. All you need to be able to do is just get to the boot screen.

kcamp04

Reaction score
I had the same problem, got it to work after I restored the oldest nandroid backup I had on my phone (BB .9) that worked for me.

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
Connect the phone to your PC.

Complete all these steps:

1. Download a ROM from your PC and transfer to your SD Card (Your phone will be used as the USB storage)

2. Rename file to update.zip

3. After transferring, remove your phone and reboot, it will go back into clockwork recovery.

4. Install update.zip

5. Reboot

This exact thing happened to me twice.

how can I transfer files when I can't boot to mount it?

Connect your phone to the PC and see if your PC can read the phone as a drive. If so, we are in business. All you need to be able to do is just get to the boot screen.

no go, but trying something... in clockwork I remember seeing a spot where I think I could mount the USB mass storage device trying that now....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This link (Real Time IRC Support, CLICK HERE!) allows you to use the IRC tool, which is like a secure chat room, where you can speak with Koush or his team about issues. Just enter your user name.

Mike

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
GOD and to top it off my internet is being a total POS right now.

Anyway I THINK I got it..... in clockwork under the partitions menu I hit format boot and them format system
Then I tried a nandroid backup I had and it worked! I'm back up to an older update.

STAY AWAY FROM THAT PANDORA ADD ON UNDER THE SMOKED GLASS THEME. Seriously that is the only thing and I did and it caused this.

Thanks for all your help, sorry for freaking out. I never got into the chat but my internet is being crap right now. I don't even know if this post is going to go through.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got a backup restored and are running.

Mike

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
dude I was tripping out for a minute.
I knew I'd eventually be ok since I could still get into clockwork and someone would know what to do but then my internet is being stupid too so ARGH! I REALLY didn't want to resort to RSD just because of the risks.

Anyway yea... major scare there for awhile.

pokrfac

Reaction score
dude I was tripping out for a minute.
I knew I'd eventually be ok since I could still get into clockwork and someone would know what to do but then my internet is being stupid too so ARGH! I REALLY didn't want to resort to RSD just because of the risks.

Anyway yea... major scare there for awhile.

Glad it worked out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand how you felt. When things go South panic increases and things do get intense.

Mike

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Holy hell I'm having the same issue and freaking out also. I didn't flash Pandora though, I downloaded/flashed/installed a "Clean Looks" theme and now I'm stuck at the bootloader. Same Err # that you posted. I have tried:

- Factory Reset
- Restore Old Nandroid
- Advanced Restore one partition at a time

I was waiting for the .sbf file to download so I could try RSD Lite (which I didn't want to do... risky...) when I found this thread.

I just wiped BOOT and SYSTEM. Now I'm restoring an older Nandroid. Hope it works for me too... *cross fingers*

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, Nandroid is restored. I've seen the M logo more than a few seconds so I think it worked!

Thanks Hexus!

I never had this problem before Clockwork...

Why does CM have to be so nice and RM have to be so handy???

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
K dude calm down (I know it's hard I was tripping out hardcore too) I was just in the IRC chat they said it's because update.zip won't work anymore I know how to fix it though

go into clockwork and under partitions hit format boot and then format system

do a wipe of data and cache for good measure (I did) and then try a nandroid backup. Should work, that's what I did and that seems to be the fix

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
yea it's scary stuff....
k I gotta go change my pants now.
Thanks everyone