Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I first connected to the device in my truck this morning, the buttons didn't work. I couldn't pause or skip or anything. However, the song playing also wasn't showing up on my watch. So, I told the watch to just play some music, knowing it'd load up a new playlist. Once that new song started, I had control again and the song info and controls showed up on my watch.

I also haven't manually rebooted since the update, so the only reboot I've had is the one where it was actually installing. Sometimes that's all you need.

Like I said before though, the BT thing was really only supposed to revolve around devices that control volume and making it so they actually change the system volume on the phone instead of there being an independent volume control for the phone and the device. So, I'd think they didn't really mess with much of the connection itself, but I suppose those kinda go hand in hand.

I know the only real complaint I've seen about that particular patch is that some folks are experiencing volume that's too loud on their headphones. Wouldn't think the car would be the same issue there since you can turn it all the way down in every car I've been in.

Bottom line, I'm rambling and don't know what, exactly, they changed.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't experienced any issues with BT until this patch. It may just have been a cranky car at the time. The truck and BT worked without issues last night going to the Gym. The car is about to be put to sleep for the winter so I'll mess with it in April.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like I've said before, the CONNECTION to my 6P seems stronger. The Note 4 would have periods where I'd lose sound for just a second like the songs were skipping and that was fairly constant. Not enough to bug me, surprisingly, but noticeable.

The 6P seems to pretty much never do that. My issue with BT is that I feel like the 6P comes out of my truck speakers much more quiet on full volume than the Note 4 did. Still not something that I can't deal with, just wish it was better. I bought a pretty cheap BT device in the first place, so I guess I should just be glad that it works at all.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OK Google screen off detection is working better with 6.0.1.