Nexus 6P VS Note 5

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You had the Note 5 all of what, 4 days?
CBqXQse.jpg

S5 tap'n

O...M...g... Whenever people give me crap for my phone buying, I'm linking then to this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Give you cereal?

I LOL'ed at all your posts....

Yes I know...i know. I have a problem. We not going to equate that I had a Priv last Friday and returned it that Saturday.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No idea what you're talking about... ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I almost was going to explain but I saw you're the one giving out cereal, lol!

BB priv to N5 to N6p... I bet it's not a record for how many new phones in less than a week. I have to agree though... $300 difference. Especially for two phones that are top notch!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
donate-button.gif

But you know y'all can help make my decision a little easier.

IN all realness @cr6, I ended up digging into my emergency fund to cover the Note 5. After I woke up this morning I realized how stupid that was and I had a sickening feeling in my stomach. My emergency fund is just that and if I am digging into it for a want then I need to rethink my want or wait a little longer to save up more. Basically I played the game of borrowing from my emergency fund and I do not want to start going down that slippery slope. The only time to dig in there is for a rainy day (ie medical, car failure, etc). A phone, when I have a functioning Nexus 5 and Nexus 6, is not a rainy day it is just a case of me going spoiled brat and demanding it now. So really this was a matter of some soul searching more than the phone. I did not want to wait until after the 15th to get the 6P so I decided to get a note 5 now because I could walk out the door with it now despite me putting myself in a situation where I would drop my emergency fund to a low amount. The issues with the signal earlier was more of me not being able to be at peace with my decision; not because of the device, but what I did to get it. Basically this goes back to a point you tried to make in another thread and what we discussed before via pm. So that is the real reason why the Note 5 went back.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
donate-button.gif

But you know y'all can help make my decision a little easier.

IN all realness @cr6, I ended up digging into my emergency fund to cover the Note 5. After I woke up this morning I realized how stupid that was and I had a sickening feeling in my stomach. My emergency fund is just that and if I am digging into it for a want then I need to rethink my want or wait a little longer to save up more. Basically I played the game of borrowing from my emergency fund and I do not want to start going down that slippery slope. The only time to dig in there is for a rainy day (ie medical, car failure, etc). A phone, when I have a functioning Nexus 5 and Nexus 6, is not a rainy day it is just a case of me going spoiled brat and demanding it now. So really this was a matter of some soul searching more than the phone. I did not want to wait until after the 15th to get the 6P so I decided to get a note 5 now because I could walk out the door with it now despite me putting myself in a situation where I would drop my emergency fund to a low amount. The issues with the signal earlier was more of me not being able to be at peace with my decision; not because of the device, but what I did to get it. Basically this goes back to a point you tried to make in another thread and what we discussed before via pm. So that is the real reason why the Note 5 went back.
You're a better man than I!

Note 4tified

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would have to agree with you on the price, the Note 5 is great, but is the functionality over the 6P worth $300 more? Not to me. But we have all have our tastes and opinions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P