Installing a custom rom...

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
I have only dl'ded my ROMs from DF (except when UD wasn't here) and have never had one single issue (even over 3G...yes, it took forever to dl'd! Haha!) since I started last June. Just follow the links on the homepage of DF (Droid Hacks) and you'll see the available ROMs for the D1 (by developer's name).

How do I know what roms will work on my D1? Also, I downloaded Chevy01 rom from Rom Manager but can't find it anywhere on my SD card. Should I try to dl it again through the forum?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Ok...I followed the links from Droid Hacking, even found Chevy01, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to find the actual download link at?
I really feel stupid.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep you will have it like a routine shortly. Once you figure out Rom's and themes you will prolly be addicted to flashing and creating new looks.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
When I select "boot to recovery" from Rom Manager, it just reboots the phone and never goes into CW? The phone just restarts normally.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Do it manually, turn the phone off and hold down the X key on the keyboard when u turn it back on...should boot to CW recovery

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...sounds like Clockworkmod wasn't installed. Do you have the free or paid version of ROM Manager?

When I select "boot to recovery" from Rom Manager, it just reboots the phone and never goes into CW? The phone just restarts normally.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can try this method as well. If it shows a Droid and exclamation point in a triangle, CW isn't there.

Do it manually, turn the phone off and hold down the X key on the keyboard when u turn it back on...should boot to CW recovery

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. At the bottom, you should see an option that says "Install Alternate Recovery", that will install SPRecovery (what I use). Once that's done successfully, you can do it again to reflash CW. Try the method Jimmydene said as well. ROM Manager may just be being itself again :)

I have the paid version

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
i have tried to reboot it manually twice by holding the x down during restart...the M is stuck on the screen...nothing is happening. Every once in awile the M dissapears for a second then comes back on. Can I let go of the X yet? Does it matter that my phone is plugged into the computer with the usb cable?

Last edited: