Installing a custom rom...

bluerexracer99

Reaction score
Honestly I was skeptical and scared at first but now I'm fringe to convince everyone I know to start. And there is a ton of things out there story the d1 please just make sure u read first. If for some reason your phone runs hot down in voltage all I can tell ya is start searching people post thumbnails of what the rom looks like and I've tried a bunch but I see to keep coming back to Chevy. He does dissapear here anzd there but this is a side thing for him. He's got a 9 to 5 like the rest of us. Check em out it forums then choose by name and buggless Chevy cyanogen I'll see em. Go to the first page of the thread and read theology give u instructions on what to do. And the only stupid question is the one u don't ask :) good luck keep untouched let me know when ur addicted.lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also you can download the .apk for swype if you do loose it. I had swype but didn't want it on liberty so I got rid of it. However it is on my stock backup tho.

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Ok, I did flashworkmod recovery, what exactly did that do?

~Sent using my thumbs~

doomer4life

Reaction score
It installed a new recovery over your old one for you to easily manage to install the ROMS of your choice. Btw if you download an app called titanium backup it can make a backup copy of swype for you to reinstall after you flash a new Rom it backsup all your applications making it easy to get up and running after you flash roms

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
It installed a new recovery over your old one for you to easily manage to install the ROMS of your choice. Btw if you download an app called titanium backup it can make a backup copy of swype for you to reinstall after you flash a new Rom it backsup all your applications making it easy to get up and running after you flash roms

I have mybackup pro, is that the same thing?

~Sent using my thumbs~

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I have mybackup pro, is that the same thing?

~Sent using my thumbs~[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be. Most of us use titanium.

Swyped from a Droid

doomer4life

Reaction score
I used mybackup and had issues with it but that easily could of been operator error it was in my beta stages of rooting :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well with the CM recovery you can boot into recovery and manually backup and restore your phone as well as helps you flash. Flashing is really nothin more than installing .zip files

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
ok...i think I'm ready to do this. What is the difference between free and premium roms? I noticed some of them say "must wipe data"...that sounds scary?

~Sent using my thumbs~

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Backups in CW are better than relying on ROM Mangler for them. Of course, now that you have CW, ROM Mangler isn't really needed ;)

Well with the CM recovery you can boot into recovery and manually backup and restore your phone as well as helps you flash. Flashing is really nothin more than installing .zip files

DroidForums Junkie!!