Installing a custom rom...

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Looks good. Now that you have that rom installed, make a backup. Just to make sure you dont loose all your hard work. You can never have too many backups.

Swyped from a Droid

If ya don't mind me asking...what's the best way to do that?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look back at the book I typed ;)

Looks good. Now that you have that rom installed, make a backup. Just to make sure you dont loose all your hard work. You can never have too many backups.

Swyped from a Droid

If ya don't mind me asking...what's the best way to do that?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
+1 for backups!!!
Welcome to the dark side my friend! I have something for ya that would go GREAT with that blue ;)
http://db.tt/MLKeUTU
Sapphire colored Wireless Tether!

Swyped from a Droid

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks Droid Does...I installed it, but I'm not sure what it did? Should I use Rom Manager for "backup current rom"?

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the successful root and rom flash there Cleave. Looks good man. Also talkin to the right person for the tethering. Enjoy it Cleave dancedroid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its a Wireless Tether app that I themed :)
No, you can actually uninstall RM now. Make your backup in CW like you did before flashing the ROM. They're saved to your sd card in /sd/clockworkmod as dates.

+1 for backups!!!
Welcome to the dark side my friend! I have something for ya that would go GREAT with that blue ;)
http://db.tt/MLKeUTU
Sapphire colored Wireless Tether!

Swyped from a Droid

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks Droid Does...I installed it, but I'm not sure what it did? Should I use Rom Manager for "backup current rom"?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Hey Droid Does...I have everything running good, except I noticed my wi-fi is not working. It will not scan for networks, just says connecting and never connects. It was working before. I just noticed it today. Any advise?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make a backup and try a different kernel

DroidForums Junkie!!

fizzoyster

Reaction score
im having the same exact problem with my droid x. rooted using one click z4root. cannot reboot into recovery or backup. i uninstalled rom manager and re installed it. still nothing.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
im having the same exact problem with my droid x. rooted using one click z4root. cannot reboot into recovery or backup. i uninstalled rom manager and re installed it. still nothing.

I just called verizon and they walked me through and got it working again. I can go over what they did if you can't get it fixed. However, I'm leaving right now and won't be back for about 2 hours. Let me know if you still need help.

fizzoyster

Reaction score
It still not fixed. If you could help me out that would be awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SPG900NY

Reaction score

I had the same problem. Try going to ROM Manager and click on either Install ROM from SD Card or Download ROM -- I forget which one. I don't think you even need to go a step further than pressing one of those -- it triggered something in my phone that fully installed the recovery utility to the phone. Next time I rebooted, I was able to get into recovery.

Wish I could remember which one it was, but try it and see if it prompts you to correct anything or download any updates that will flash the recovery to your phone. You shouldn't have to do anything dangerous (don't worry).

fizzoyster

Reaction score
Tried clicking both of those. Still no luck. I also tried flashing older versions of rom manager and it came up with the same error message cleave got when he tried it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SPG900NY

Reaction score
Forgot, I also did "Fix Permissions" and let it run, then rebooted, reinstalled ROM Manager, then did the update...

(sorry -- forgot about the fix permissions part)