Installed baseband and phone activation

puffmtd

Reaction score
Well......I kept reading about the newest baseband so I thought I would install it and see if it improved anything. Did a backup in ROM manager and flashed the baseband. The problem is now I can't get the phone to activate. I have no 3g and under the "about phone" heading in settings it lists my number as 000-000-81something, something.
I read through all the activation problem threads but none of the quick fixes work. I am running UD8.0, a P3 kernel and had a full battery charge.
I flashed back to the original baseband and my backup and am still having the same problem. Any suggestions? I'm open to anything right now as this is my only phone. Appreciate it folks.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I got the same problem pretty much...
You wouldn't want to give any fewer details would you?

After flashing any baseband file, your phone has to be reactivated, not to be confused with signing back into your google account. This is different. Also be it known that flashing the baseband does not affect any nandroid backups/restores as it is a totally different area of the phone not covered by nandroid.

Anyways to reacivate your phone, just dial *22899 and wait for the process to finish and you should be good.

good luck