Incredible's battery life is not incredible

grit

Reaction score
I just want to confirm that you tried dialing *228 and then selecting option 2?

I had about the same problem - phone would be down 10% within about 45 minutes with practically no use. After doing the *228 update today, it finally seems to have subsided. My battery is at 60% capacity, and that's THE best its been by a LONG shot. This time yesterday, it would have been at 30% with far less use than I've put on it today.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I did *228 (actually tried options 1 & 2 multiple times in the past four days. It did not help.

What I would give for your initial problem of losing 10% in 45 minutes! :) mine consistently loses 1% each two minutes, more with weather or gps enabled. This equates to 30% loss each hour, without doing much of anything.

I know I can exchange it, but I'm thinking (hoping) that a software update is coming......

grit

Reaction score
That really does sound defective. I've not heard of anyone having THAT bad of a problem. The only other related setting I am aware of is the "enable always-on mobile data". It really shouldn't affect your use of the phone, but might help solve that problem.

I was rather excited about the *228 fix. I'm thinking you might wanna swap yours for another new one though.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
That really does sound defective. I've not heard of anyone having THAT bad of a problem. The only other related setting I am aware of is the "enable always-on mobile data". It really shouldn't affect your use of the phone, but might help solve that problem.

I was rather excited about the *228 fix. I'm thinking you might wanna swap yours for another new one though.

Thanks. I did follow all prior suggestions, including disabling all widgets, disabling WiFi, gps, bt, and always on data and background data.

I'm not pleased with the battery life at all, nor the poor signal. Let's hope for a comprehensive update soon!

hoppyjr

Reaction score
After sending that last reply, I have read two short emails, posted a couple times here, and made one 11 minute call to tech support. currently, with that activity, I'm at 65% after 1 hour and 20 min.

grit

Reaction score
After sending that last reply, I have read two short emails, posted a couple times here, and made one 11 minute call to tech support. currently, with that activity, I'm at 65% after 1 hour and 20 min.

Your last post about having poor signal strength also makes me think you have a defective phone. If the antenna is bad, that would cause poor signal strength which, in turn, would cause the battery to drain much quicker.

Based on my personal experience, the Incredible's reception seems to be a bit better than my old BB Storm's.

I'm voting for a replacement phone.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ok first day with Seidio slim extended battery for HTC Inc. Took off charger at 6:30 and still at 100%. My stock battery would drop to 95-97% almost immediately. Keep ya posted throughout day!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery seems ok.. the heavy users are not gonna be pleased with the battery..

seems to be getting better with more charges.. i have been letting it run down.. i disabled flickr... i updated weather every 6hrs.. no task killers.. im not stressing over it..

when i got my droid.. i got a car charger and a charger for work.... you just gotta have a charger for work, home and car.. so your never dead in the water.. its a smartphone and has a 1Ghz cpu.. you gotta charge it.. dont think of it as a phone but a laptop.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I browsed the internet for fifteen minutes after unplugging my charger and my phone is already at 87% is this normal?

ChicaRica3124

Reaction score
Battery Issues

The woman who set me up with my Incredible told me I had to season the battery. She said the first night to charge for 12 hours at the very least...then to always charge for at least 5 hours. She compared it to the gas gauge on a car and that it "fills past full" the longer you charge it. Also she warned me not to use the car charge until I had charged the battery fully 5 times and to let the battery run as low as possible before charging again.

My first day the battery died rather quickly but I was messing with it a lot since it is new. I am now on day 3 and with longer charges at night it has been lasting better each day so far.

She also hooked me up with a free task killer. It is called Advanced Task Killer. She just searched for it in the market and loaded it onto my phone. Each time I am done with my phone I go to the app and it lists all Apps that are open and you can click kill apps and it will close all apps that are running. ---This is what causes the battery to run low because the apps just run in the background unless you tell them to stop.

Well I hope some of this was helpful

:)

hoppyjr

Reaction score
If only it was that simple.......

FYI lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries do not "season" nor do they fill past full. The battery has a rated capacity and can only charge to that capacity. It's just another example of store employees thinking they know.more than they really know.

Darkseider

Reaction score
The woman who set me up with my Incredible told me I had to season the battery. She said the first night to charge for 12 hours at the very least...then to always charge for at least 5 hours. She compared it to the gas gauge on a car and that it "fills past full" the longer you charge it. Also she warned me not to use the car charge until I had charged the battery fully 5 times and to let the battery run as low as possible before charging again.

My first day the battery died rather quickly but I was messing with it a lot since it is new. I am now on day 3 and with longer charges at night it has been lasting better each day so far.

She also hooked me up with a free task killer. It is called Advanced Task Killer. She just searched for it in the market and loaded it onto my phone. Each time I am done with my phone I go to the app and it lists all Apps that are open and you can click kill apps and it will close all apps that are running. ---This is what causes the battery to run low because the apps just run in the background unless you tell them to stop.

Well I hope some of this was helpful

:)

For the love of God and for that is still good and right in the world. GET RID of ATK. Please. If you don't believe me search the forums. ATK does absolutely nothing positive for the device and generally causes more problems.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha lol if an employee ever tried to install ATK on my phone why i'd...I'd..edumacate them about how android's task manager works!

OP
T

tempo

Reaction score
I am the original poster.

I think today is full day #6. I am at 17h 00m since I unplugged this morning and my battery presently shows 27% with, what I'd term, "moderate" usage (mostly apps/web, not a lot of phone time). My run-time is definitely on the upswing! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I am the original poster.

I think today is full day #6. I am at 17h 00m since I unplugged this morning and my battery presently shows 27% with, what I'd term, "moderate" usage (mostly apps/web, not a lot of phone time). My run-time is definitely on the upswing! :icon_ banana:

cuz your not constantly fiddling with it, hahahaha ;)

yea, i can make it thru a day at work.. really depends on usage i think.. and call time..

anyone have any reports on the OEM ext. battery?? im interested in hearing status on that..