Incredible with LTE Network

BlueTang

Reaction score
I know Verizon's LTE network is gonna start rolling out late this year into the next. I know that 3G phones will work on the network but will they have the LTE/4G speeds?

Threepio

Reaction score
Yea theres no way verizon would allow their 3g device to work on a 4g network. theyre gonna make people buy the 4g phone to utilize the 4g network.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint does not have a 4G network, their supposed 4G network is nothing more than an enhanced 3G network that hardly has any coverage areas. And when 4G goes full steam ahead, trust me these carriers will charge you for that extra bandwidth that you will be using on a monthly basis, if you think they won't, I suggest you crawl out under that rock.

wase4711

Reaction score
well, the 4g phone they are hypeing like crazy, the HTC EVO, is a 4G phone, and all things point to a May release..I assume they will charge more for their "4G" network, and I am sure the phone will go for a higher than usual price as well..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
well, the 4g phone they are hypeing like crazy, the HTC EVO, is a 4G phone, and all things point to a May release..I assume they will charge more for their "4G" network, and I am sure the phone will go for a higher than usual price as well..
The phone is a 4G phone that also works in 3G networks, since there are no real 4G networks up yet, it's another hyped up ploy by Sprint to get some customers. There is a Youtube video on this phone, and listen real close to what the guy is saying.

wase4711

Reaction score
well, I guess only time will tell if it is real or not, but, I agree, Sprint needs customers and revenue badly.
I like the 4.3 inch screen on the EVO, but, I dont think I want to pay more for it that I would for an Incredible..I doubt the Sprint phone will go for less than $399, with a 2 year plan, plus, I bet they charge more for airtime with that phone than they normally do..

moonnite

Reaction score
if anyone cares, 3g is on 800mhz and higher, the 4g is gonna be in 700mhz spectrum, means different radios and antennas, also different wave progation (building pentration)

OP
B

BlueTang

Reaction score
So is it safe to say that I shouldn't worry about 4G if I sign another 2 year contract?

moonnite

Reaction score
i think that depends on where you live, rumors are that it will be pushed out this year and probley be pushed to more and more areas over next 2-3 years, if you are in large metro area that is likely to be targeted for sooner update, personal i live in rural area so i'm guessing i'll have to wait, and the 3g phones are fast, granted not 10mb/s to 100 mb/s lol but still evdo rev A has theretical 3 mb/s with perfect signal and does well in real world test, i dont plan to hold off for a 4g device, and even if it is pushed sooner they may have promotion anyways :p

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I went to VZW unvailing (cant spell right now) and they will be releasing netbooks and myfi units that utilize the 4G networks first. they dont PLAN on rolling out 4G phones until 4G is availiable everywhere. but, keep in mind that 4G devices are backwards compatible with 3G so who really knows what they will do

BTW they dont plan on having 4G fully rolled out till the end of 2013

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ogoonie

Reaction score
I went to VZW unvailing (cant spell right now) and they will be releasing netbooks and myfi units that utilize the 4G networks first. they dont PLAN on rolling out 4G phones until 4G is availiable everywhere. but, keep in mind that 4G devices are backwards compatible with 3G so who really knows what they will do

BTW they dont plan on having 4G fully rolled out till the end of 2013

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Couldnt have said it any better.