Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Network Available To More Than Half The U.S. Population

N4UPD

Reaction score
Thanks.That explains why Birmingham was not on 145 city list but on the coming soon list.Still don't know if B'ham gets it this year or 2012.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
I just hope when B'ham gets turned on the coverage reaches down to cover Chilton county.

Yonahdad

Reaction score
The official word that verizon reps here at the beach are telling people is that we are looking at late october, I was just hoping we might have it turned on earlier

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

A rep from Verizon told me the same thing.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's not listed on Verizon's site as cities with 4G, but their coverage map shows New Hampshire has 4G a few miles on either side of I-93 from the MA/NH border to just south of Manchester. I drove through it today and it's up!

jseah

Reaction score
Hmmmm .... am I the only on that finds it difficult to believe that half the US's population lives in and around only 117 cities within the US. This really is a stretch from big reds marketing department. Given maximum realistic usable range coupled with limiting typographical geographic features, I find this claim to be absurd marketing at it's very best. More accurately, it potentially is available to half the US population on a limited occasional use basis in that they cross through, and into coverage areas on a part time and limited basis during their travels combined with those that actually live within the actual use zones. I find these claims to be absurd marketing at best! Realism, accuracy, honesty, and integrity will get you more for your dollar than the best hype ever will. With claims like these it makes me think that I'm watching a 3 am infomercial. You want the public to be correctly informed, because once consumer becomes a customer, the last thing you want is to have them disappointed if you ever intend to keep them as a long term customer! Stop the hype and double talk and you'll be respected for it Verizon!

Actually, that isn't too far fetched. Bear in mind that NYC is the most populous city in the US and it has over 8 million residents. In fact, if you just count the 10 most populous cities in the US, that accounts for over 23 million residents. And these population counts are just the people who actually live within these cities, and doesn't count the people who live outside these cities but are still within the LTE coverage area. For example, the NYC LTE coverage area stretches out into Long Island, part of upstate NY, and NJ.

Besides, AT&T claims that by the end of 2011, they will have LTE available to 80 million Americans, and yet they only expect to have LTE rolled out to 15 cities (the first phase of 5 cities will go live next week).

Snow02

Reaction score
Thanks.That explains why Birmingham was not on 145 city list but on the coming soon list.Still don't know if B'ham gets it this year or 2012.

They are slated for 2011.

jmark

Reaction score
Verizon cant even give me 3G coverage at my house, im not holding my breath for 4G....

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Syracuse, NY's turned on a couple days ago, ahead of schedule. I spend a lot of time in the city, but now I'm hoping it comes to Oswego soon, as that's where I live.

Last weekend, I was in Geneva and I got 4g. I couldn't believe it why such a small town had 4g and I wasn't getting it an hour away in Syracuse. Then, lo and behold, wah la, 4g finally hit Syracuse a couple days ago. I would imagine Oswego should be lighting up soon!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
Wish there was a good source to confirm that other than the coming soon list and the star on the coverage map..They seem to be sticking to the 145 city list which B'ham is not on.That's my biggest concern. Keep me posted if you see or hear anything else. Thanks.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Wish there was a good source to confirm that other than the coming soon list and the star on the coverage map..They seem to be sticking to the 145 city list which B'ham is not on.That's my biggest concern. Keep me posted if you see or hear anything else. Thanks.

They appear to be adding cities not on that list as well, as I mentioned in my post no where does it say that 4G is or will be offered in NH, however within the past few weeks they have added 4G to cover 4 cities along the I-93 corridor.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Some of you may be nearby airports that are 4G enabled. Even if it isn't officially in your city yet, the airports may have it and the coverage may extend to nearby your city.

Brandon

Snow02

Reaction score

The map says it will be this year, combined with the july job posting, pretty much guarantees it will be. I don't know what the average time to get a market live from the time they start work, but I guarantee you it's not five or six months. Probably closer to two to three. I would bank on there being some lte here by the end of october. But I'll let you know when we start getting lit up.

N4UPD

Reaction score
Ok good deal. I have a 4g phone so I will know if Clanton is included when Birmingham gets turned on. Let me know if you hear anything new Thanks.:icon_ banana: